HP Officejet Pro 8000 8012e Printer Connectivity
The HP Officejet Pro 8000 8012e printer supports mobile connectivity options such as wireless network connection, USB connection and Wireless direct connection. Finally, follow the below instructions by choosing anyone of the connectivity options. To resolve Printer setup issues.
1. Wireless network connection
Connect the printer to wireless network using the wireless setup wizard. On the control panel, press the Wireless button. Then, wireless menu will display. Finally, click Setting Wireless setup wizard and follow the instructions appear on screen.
Follow the below guidelines to setup the wireless network connection. You need to gather some of the requirements to setup wireless network connection in your HP printer. Some of the requirements are SSID known as the network name an the WEP or WPA security passphrase and a computer having wireless connection. The wireless network recommends to connect broadband using Web services. Switch on the computer and printer. Then, check printer connection and computer on the same network. Finally, make sure you place the computer within the router range during installation
Download the driver from visit support.hp.com and enter your model number. If you not wish, you can go on with the installation CD. Type the model number in 123.hp.com and click Begin to start the download. Then, click Download file to start the installation wizard and driver installation
2. USB connection
Follow the below given steps to setup your printer for a USB cable connection. Setup the USB cable connection after gathering the requirements such as printer connection to the computer using the USB cable. Then, connect using the USB port on your computer to avoid printer issues. Remove the USB cable before installing the HP driver. Next, Delete the previous version of the printer driver. In Windows, search for devices and click the Devices and Printer control panel settings in the results. Search for your printer model and right-click on it to remove by clicking the Remove device. Finally, remove all the multiple icons existing for the printer
Download the current version of the printer driver by visiting the website 123.hp.com. Type the model number and follow the onscreen instruction. Then, select the USB connection and continue to install it from the HP website
Then, click Download next to the full feature driver. Finally, follow the instructions that appear on the instructions to the HP Download and Install Assistant or select Download Only to save and run the driver file from your computer.
3. Wireless Direct
HP Wireless direct allows to you connect using direct wireless printer to your printer without the connection of the local network or internet connection. Then, print your documents or photos on a secure Wi-Fi capable computers and smart devices after activating HP Wireless direct on your printer.
Wireless printers that after 2011 and android phones tablets. The operating systems like Windows and Mac OS also supports HP wireless direct.
Next, touch the HP wireless direct button on the printer control panel or go to the Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu and touch Wireless Direct, and then turn on the connection. If you require password when you are connecting to the printer, choose ON or ON with Security (optional). Make note of the passcode and click OK
Then, click Settings and click Wi-Fi. Choose the HP-Print printer model from the list of available networks on your mobile device. Type the security passcode from the printer control prompts you.
Open the file either a photo or document that you wish to print and click Print from the app menu or the action menu. Install the HP ePrint mobile app from the Apple or Google play Store if your app does not support printing
Finally, choose your printer model from the list of available printers that are connected in the network and click Print .After the print job gets over, you should reconnect the mobile device to your normal wire network. You are connecting to the printer, choose ON or ON with Security (optional). Make note of the passcode and click OK
Click the Wireless icon in your computer and select the from the available printer list on your computer or laptop. Type the security pass-code from the printer control panel if prompts you to do so. Then, open the file either a document or photo that you wish to print and click File Print. Finally, you have to choose your printer model from the list of available printers and click Print. After the print job gets completed, you have to reconnect the computer to your normal wireless network.
Control Panel Display
- Wireless status light is indicated as the first feature in control panel display. Then, the solid blue light indicates the printer is connected to a wireless network.
- Home button is shown as the second feature which helps you to return to the home screen from any other screen.
- Copy button is the third feature shown which will open a screen to select a copy type or modify the copy settings.
- Fax button opens a screen to send fax or modify the fax settings. This button is indicated as the fourth feature in the control panel display.
Printer Button Options
- Scan opens the screen to make a scan or modify the fax settings. This button is indicated as the fifth feature in the control panel display.
- Apps button opens a screen to use the print apps that is provided by HP. This button is indicated as the sixth feature in the control panel display.
- Photo button is indicated as the seventh feature in the control panel display. Then, the photo button opens a screen to view and print photos or print an already printed photo, when a USB flash drive with photos is inserted into the USB port.
- Back button helps you to move to the previous screen. Finally, press the back button and you will be on the screen which you were using previously.
- Help button on the Home screen displays all the Help topics. It shows information or animation to assist in the current operation on the other screen.
Printer Icon Options
- Discover icon in the control pane displays the information about the printer features.
- Setup icon opens the screen to setup or modify some primary printer settings. Finally, you can also generate reports, modify fax and other maintenance settings. Then, use the setup icon to access the printer tools.
- ePrint icon display the Web Services Settings menu where you can check ePrint status details, change ePrint settings, or print Info Page.
- Wireless direct icons will help you to open the HP Wireless Direct Settings where you can turn wireless direct on (with or without security), turn wireless direct off, and display the wireless direct name and password (if ON with security).
- Wireless icon opens the wireless summary meny to connect the printer to a wireless network using the wireless setup wizard, check wireless status and modify the wireless settings.
- Eco icon will help you to open the co Settings menu where you can configure the product power saving settings features.
- Fax status icon in the control panel opens the Fax Status menu where you can turn Auto Answer on or off, view Fax log, and change the volume of the fax sound.
- Ink icon shows the ink levels estimation by cartridge. Then, displays a warning or error symbol depending on the state of the cartridges.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 8012e Mobile Printing Solutions and Web Services
The HP OfficeJet 8000 8012e printer series supports mobile printing capabilities such as ePrint and AirPrint. Then, read the below given article to know more about the mobile printing capabilities.
HP provides a free service to print from anywhere in the world, if you are online. This service is a secure service known as HP ePrint. Next, send your documents to the printer using email and your printer will print the document directly. Then, follow the guidelines for a proper ePrint setup
HP provides a free service to print from anywhere in the world, if you are online. This service is a secure service and cloud-depending , known as HP ePrint. Send your documents to the printer using email and your printer will print the document directly. Then, follow the guidelines for a proper ePrint setup
Gather some of the important requirements which is mandatory to continue to the next steps. If you do not acquire all the below given requirements, then you will not be able to print using the HP ePrint.
- Disable the USB connection in your printer otherwise the printer will not use the HP ePrint to print and make sure your printer supports HP ePrint service.
- Then, check for the compatibility in your HP printer before downloading it. The printer should have HP ePrint logo in its control panel
- Next, your computer should have either a wired connection or wireless network connection.
- If your printer has a wired connection the green light in the Ethernet port should be solid and the orange light should be blinking when you connect the cable
- If your printer has a wireless communication, check whether the wireless feature is switched on and the printer is on the same network.
- Finally, turn on the web service using the Embedded Web server. Click the HP ePrint icon, if you have a printer with a touch screen or LCD display. Follow the instruction onscreen and Update the firmware if the device prompts to do so and click OK
- On the EWS web page, click theWeb Services tab and click Continue, Turn On, or Enable and follow the instructions that appear on the screen if a web services setup page displays.
Printer email address
- Switch on the web services and continue. The printer will print Make the most of your printer or Important printer setup instructions page containing the information about the web services and your printer address. There will be a delay in printing the information page. If the page did not print even after waiting, restart the web services and continue.
Print using ePrint
Check the requirements for print using ePrint. Initially the printer address in the TO: field only. Other email address should be in the Cc: field. A blank email subject line will lead to HP ePrint error or it will cancel the print job.
2. Air print setup
Apple iOS v4.2 and later operating systems in mobile comes with AirPrint, a mobile printing solution. Connect to a wireless network and print from your iPad, iPhone iPod and other smart devices.
- iOS 4.2 and latest version on the Apple devices is must. Ensure that your printer supports the AirPrint. Then, some of the printer model do not support the HP AirPrint especially printers before 2010
- Next, check whether your printer and Apple devices are connected in the same network or Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct should be supported by your Printer
Wireless connection setup
Choose anyone of the below given mobile connectivity method to setup the wireless connection.
1. Wireless Network connection
- Connect the apple device in a wireless network and disconnect the USB cable or Ethernet cable
- If you have a printer with control panel display, select Setup, Network or Wireless à Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the instructions that appear on the screen
- Then, if you have a printer without the control panel display, click the Wireless button and turn on the wireless radio. Finally the printer is connected if the wireless light is solid otherwise check whether your printer is closer to the router and press the WPS button on the router
2. Wi-Fi or HP Wireless direct connection setup
- If you are connecting your Apple iOS device using Wi-Fi or HP Wireless direct connection, follow the below steps
- Next, check whether the blue light next to Wi-Fi or HP Wireless direct button or an Wi-Fi direct/HP Wireless direct icon displays on the printer control panel
- Then, go to the control panel menu settings and press the Wi-Fi Direct/ HP Wireless direct button to search and touch Wi-Fi direct.
- Click Settings on your Apple iOS devices and tap Wi-Fi by choosing Wi-Fi
- Finally, select your printer under the Choose a network menu.
Print from your Apple device
- Switch on the printer and make it in ready state. Open the file which you need to print and click the Action icon in the display menu.
- The file you want to print may be a document, photo , email or webpage
- Then, click Print or the print icon and click Select Printer to select your printer from the list . Next, to change other setting you can click the Options menu and change settings like paper size and more
- Finally, tap Print after selecting the number of copies that you want to print. Your Apple device is now ready to print using the printer.
Printers Ink Cartridges
One print head and four cartridges are must be there for the printing mechanism. Then, check the below given instruction to find the print head and cartridges that are compatible with your printer.
Setup your printer and software after checking your surrounding environment. Then, you can work with your HP 8000 8012e OfficeJet Pro printer within the following parameters.
HP e-All-in-One Printer Regulatory Specifications
The regulatory specifications section has the regulatory model number and exposure to radio frequency radiation. Review the following information to know more in detail about the regulatory specification.
Printer Paper Handling Specification
Printers System Requirements
To know about the paper-handling specifications for HP Officejet Pro 8000 printer read the following information. The paper handling specification includes paper tray capacities, supporting paper sizes..
The minimum system requirements and recommends the system requirements for supporting Windows and Mac operating system in your HP Officejet Pro 8000 printers are given below.