- The print speed in black is categorized into two classifications. One is the ISO with print speed up to 18 pages per minute and the other is in Draft mode with up to 30 pages per minute.
- The print speed in color with ISO mode is up to 10 pages per minute and in draft mode, the print speed is up to 26 pages per minute.
- The first page will be out as fast as 12 seconds when printing in black and 15 seconds when printing in color.
- The duty cycle of the HP OfficeJet 6968 printer on a monthly basis is Up to 20,000 pages when using A4 sheets. The recommended monthly page volume is 200 to 800.
- The print technology used is HP Thermal Inkjet
- The print quality at its best is up to 600×1200 dpi in colour and also in black. The display of the printer is 2.64 inches” (6.75 cm) with CGD touchscreen.
- The speed of the processor is 500MHz.
- The print language used is HP PCL 3 GUI, HP PCL 3 Enhanced. The automatic paper sensor is not available in the printer.
Mobile Printing Connectivity
Mobile printing solutions
- The printer has HP ePrint capability and other mobile printing capabilities like HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, Mopria Certified and Wireless direct printing.
- The printer is also provided with wireless capability with a built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n.
- The connectivity standards in HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printers are 1 USB 2.0, 1 Ethernet, 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n and 1 RJ-11 fax.
The HP Office Jet Pro 6968 Pro printer supports the following mobile printing solutions. Review the following information to know the mobile printing solutions that are compatible with your printer.
HP ePrint, HP Smart app, HP ePrint mobile app, HP Print service plugin, Apple AirPrint and Mopria Certified are the mobile printing solutions supported by the printer. The web services supported by the printer are HP ePrint, HP Instant ink and HP Print Apps.
The printer can be managed through the printing software, drivers and device tools native to your computer’s operating system.
The printer contains Embedded Web Server which access and manages many printer features over a wireless or wired(Ethernet) connection. An EWS is a website built into the printer and is accessible by typing the printer’s IP address into a web browser
Windows system requirements
- Windows 10, the minimum system requirement is 1 GHz processor, 1GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit) RAM, 2GB free disk space, browsers like internet explorer, Firefox and Chrome. The other system requirements are Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later version, USB Port and DVD drive or internet connection. The recommended system requirement is 1.5 GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 2.5GB free disk space.
- Windows 8 , the minimum system requirement is 1 GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 2GB free disk space, browsers like internet explorer, Firefox and Chrome. The other system requirements are Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later version, USB Port and DVD drive or internet connection . the recommended system requirement is 1.5 GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 2 GB free disk space.
- In Windows 7, the minimum system requirement is 1 GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 2GB free disk space, browsers like internet explorer, Firefox and Chrome. The other system requirements are Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later version, USB Port and DVD drive or internet connection. The recommended system requirement is 1.5 GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 2GB free disk space
- In Windows Vista, the minimum system requirement is 800 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 2GB free disk space, browsers like internet explorer, Firefox and Chrome. The other system requirements are Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later version. the recommended system requirement is 1GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 2 GB free disk space
Linux system requirements
OS X system requirements
- The Linux kernel 2.4.19 and above versions are considered to be the minimum system requirements. It is recommended to use the version 2.6.x
- The GNU software tools are required to build from source code which includes the ANSI C compiler, ANSI C++ compiler and POSIX compliant environment.
- The libsub minimum requirement is 0.1.8 or higher versions The GPL Ghost script minimum requirements is 7.05 or higher versions. The minimum requirements of Foomatic is 3.0.2 or higher versions
- The minimum system requirements are Qt 3.x or higher for UI toolkit, PyQt 3.14 or higher for Qt wrapper for Python, Python 2.2 or higher and python-devel (Python 2.3+ for fax support). Report lab (optional-provides fax cover page support). CUPS DDK 1.2 or higher for dynamic PPD support
- The printer is compatible with Mac operating system versions like OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks The minimum free disk space required is 1GB, the USB port minimum requirement is Hi-speed USB and other requirement is the internet access
The standard input paper handling specification with 225-sheet input tray, 35-sheet in automatic document feeder.
The output paper handling specification with 60 sheet output tray. The duplex printing is automatic. The media sizes supported are A4, A5, A6, B5(JIS), 6 x 8 in, Executive, Index card 3.5 x 5 in, Index card 4 x 6 in, Index card 5 x 8 in, Index card A4, Index card Letter, 3.5 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 13 x 18 cm, 8 x 10 in, 10 x 15 cm, L, Photo 2L, 8.5 x 13 in, Legal, Letter, Statement, Envelope #10, Envelope A2, Envelope C5, Envelope C6, Envelope DL and Envelope Monarch, Card Envelope 4.4 x 6 in
The custom media sizes in tray 1 are 1: 3.5 x 8.5 to 5 x 14 inches.
The media types supported are Plain Paper, HP Photo Papers, HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper, HP Matte Presentation Paper, HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper, Other Photo Inkjet Papers, Other Matte Inkjet Papers, Other Glossy Inkjet Papers, Inkjet Hagaki, Plain Paper, Thick, Plain Paper, Light/Recycle
The media weights supported are plain paper with 16 to 28 lbs. The borderless scanner is 16 to 28 lb (plain paper); 60 to 75 lb (photo); 20 to 24 lb (envelope); 90 to 110 lb (card)
The borderless printing is available in 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 279 mm
Control panel display
Acoustic Emission Specification
The minimum physical dimensions of the HP Office Jet 6968 printers are 18.26 inches (463.7 mm) width, 15.35 inches (390 mm) depth and height is 9.0 inches (228.67). The maximum dimensions are 18.26 inches width, 20.39 inches depth and 9.0 inches height.
The weight of the HP Office Jet 6968 printer is 17.7 pounds or 8.05 kilograms.
The OfficeJet 6968 printer specification for the size and display type of the printer is given below.
LCD with IR touch function is the control panel display type. The display size of the control panel is 67.31 mm (2.65 inches) diagonal. The control panel display comes in colour.
The acoustic emission specification are given below. Review the following information for the OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer.
- The network protocol specifications, print in Draft mode, noise levels per ISO 7779.
- The sound pressure in by stander position is LpAm 55 (dBA) in mono Draft print.
- The sound power is LwAd 6.8 B(A) are the acoustic emission specifications.
Black ink cartridge, Cyan ink cartridge, Magenta ink cartridge, Yellow ink cartridge are the four ink cartridges are the printing mechanism for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer. Find the ink cartridge information by reviewing the below given article.
The replacement cartridges
HP 902 Black OfficeJet Print Cartridge (~300 pages)
HP 902 Cyan OfficeJet Print Cartridge
HP 902 Magenta OfficeJet Print Cartridge
HP 902 Yellow OfficeJet Print Cartridge (CMY composite ~315 pages)
HP 902XL Black OfficeJet Print Cartridge (~825 pages), HP 902XL Cyan OfficeJet Print Cartridge
HP 902XL Magenta OfficeJet Print Cartridge
HP 902XL Yellow OfficeJet Print Cartridge (CMY composite ~825 pages)
HP 906XL Black OfficeJet Print Cartridge (~1500 pages)
Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
Visit the HP SureSupply to check ink or toner cartridges compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies.
Visit https://h22203.www2.hp.com/SureSupply/ . select the country and region. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to new supplies or check cartridge compatibility with your printer. Purchase genuine HP cartridges and supplies from other retailers is an other option available.
The regulatory specifications section has the regulatory model number and exposure to radio frequency radiation. Review the following information to know more in detail about the regulatory specification.
1. Regulatory model number
2. Radio frequency radiation exposure
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer is assigned with a regulatory model number for regulatory identification purpose. The marketing name or printer name should not be confused with the regulatory number.
The radio frequency radiation exposure has limits that the radiated output power of the device should far below the FCC. Nevertheless, the device shall be used in such a manner that the potential for human contact during normal operation is minimized. This printer and any attached external antenna, if supported, shall be placed in such a manner to minimize the potential for human contact during normal operation. In order to avoid the possibility of exceeding the FCC radio frequency exposure limits, human proximity to the antenna shall not be less than 20 cm (8 inches) during normal operation.