To get all the features and capabilities setup for your USB connected HP printer, you must install the full feature HP driver. This guide will instruct you with the needed steps to setup your HP 6700 Officejet printer with a USB connection to your Mac computer.
HP OfficeJet 6700 All-in-One-Printer
SetUp For USB Cable Connection (Mac)
Step 1: Getting prepared for your HP printer setup
Check up on all the requirements to better prepare for the driver installation & USB setup.
- Look into the requirements and items mentioned below before you begin:
- Your printer needs to be turned on and in ready mode.
- Pick up a USB cable that is less than 3 meters (9ft 10inch) in length.
- Ensure that your Mac computer has an available USB port to be used. (A USB hub or docking station wouldn’t provide the needed power for the printer to function well.)
- Remove your HP printer’s USB cable from the Mac computer. Wait until you are prompted during the printer’s driver installation to connect back the printer USB cable.Make the process easy by visiting 123.hp.com/oj6700
Step 2: Driver Installation & Printer Connection Setup
Now you will install the latest available driver to setup a USB connected printer. A complete feature driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installation app is available to download, depending on your printer and your Mac operating system version, or this driver is also available through Apple Software Update.
- Open the website 123.hp.com. Now enter your printer’s model number (Officejet 6700) and then select the Begin button. According to your printer & Mac OSX operating system version, the HP Easy Start downloads the required driver for installation. You may also be redirected to the HP Software & Driver Downloads page to install the required complete feature driver.
When the Install screen opens up, ensure that the HP Scan or HP Easy Scan option is clicked if your HP printer has a scanner. This enables the full scan functionality.
If the HP Easy Start successfully downloads the driver, then proceed to follow the instructions that appear on the screen to open up the downloaded file to start the setup. Select the connection type as USB. If you’ve setup successfully so far, then you don’t have to continue with further steps.
If the HP Easy Start failed to download or the driver or is not listed on 123.hp.com, then move onto the following steps below to install the driver successfully.
- Move onto the HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads webpage, type in your printer model number (Officejet 6700), and then when asked, select the correct operating system version.Get more knowledge on 123.hp.com/oj6700
- You will find under the Driver-Product Installation Software, select Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature driver, based on the options that appear, open the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file that will be found in the Downloads folder on your Mac or browser bar to begin the installation process.
If ‘Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update’ displays instead of a download button, click Learn more to read steps to install the print driver through Apple Software Update.
- When asked by the installer to pick a printer connection option, then click USB.
- Once the Install screen appears, make sure HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected if your printer has a scanner to setup the complete scanning functionalities.
- If asked by the installer, select the Add Printer option to create a print queue on the Mac. The Add window appears.For Clear understanding visit our 123.hp.com/oj6700
- Select the name of your HP printer, then select the Use or Print Using menu, click the name of your HP printer in the pop-up menu, and then select the Add
Choosing a Generic driver selection from the Use menu can setup limitation on your printer’s functionality.
- Now get back to the HP installer to finish the driver installation.To know more about the USB cable setup visit 123.hp.com/oj6700
- Go ahead and try to print, scan or fax some documents to test the capabilities of your new HP 6700 printer.
HP Printer Physical Set Up
Follow these steps below in the right order to help setup the physical parts of your new HP 6700 printer. Don’t move on towards installing the printer software without completing this physical parts setup.
Note: If you are going to connect your printer using a USB cable, then do not connect your printer with a USB cable until you are prompted to connect by the on-screen instruction of printer software installation guide.
Step 1: Verify the physical parts and contents provided inside the box
Generally, it’s noticed that the contents within the box varies according to the country/region where the printer is purchased/retailed. To know more about the physical setup process visit 123.hp.com/oj6700
Step 2: Packing open your printer
To get started on the unpacking of your printer, follow the steps below.
- Pull out all the tape and packaging material from the exterior of your printer unit.
- Open your printer’s scanning cover lid, and then pull out and dispose all the packing materials inside.
- Now take off the carriage access door of your printer and remove any tape or other packaging material inside the printer.
Ensure that you have fully pulled up the carriage access door before moving forward to pulling out the packaging material, this is to avoid any injuries that can take place if you’ve finished it late.
- Take off all the tape and packaging material attached on the back side of your printer. Get more knowledge about printer setup from 123.hp.com/oj6700
Step 3: Fitting in the printer trays
To fit in your printer’s input tray extender and output tray, follow the steps below:
- Take the input tray extender out and hold it aligned correctly with the input tray.
- Now press down the input tray extender onto the input tray until it is seated.
- Take out the output tray and place it on top of the input tray extender.
- Exert slight force and push the output tray inwards until it firmly snaps into place.
Step 4: Plug in your printer’s power cord
- Turn around your printer so that you’re able to access its back side.
- Plug in the power cord of your printer to its rear end.
- Now connect the power cord into a power supply socket. For detailed information visit hp.com/oj6700
Step 5: Switch on your HP printer
Place back your printer in the original direction and facing the ideal way you would want it to be and then switch on your printer by pressing the Power button on the printer.
Step 6: Loading paper into the printer tray
Follow the steps below to help you load the papers into the input tray of your printer.
- Lift open the output tray covering and if needed, pull out the input tray extender.
- When loading in the oversized paper, you will need to pull out the input tray extender out as much as possible.
- Push out the paper width guides slider till it’s extreme end. Solve all the issues regarding printer setup by visiting 123.hp.com/oj6954
- Now place a stack of clean, unused, plain paper into the input tray with the shorter edge towards the print side facing down.
Jams or paper feed issues may take place if you load the paper while the printer is printing.
- Align and place the paper towards the center of the input tray, and then push the stack forward until it ceases to move forward.
- Now move the paper width guide slider in such a way that they touch flush against the paper stack. Avoid pushing the slider too much against the paper stack to ensure they don’t bind against the paper stack.
- Bring down the output tray and pull out the tray extender and then flip over the paper catcher flap. Get more insights about types and requirements from 123.hp.com/oj6700
Step 7: Selecting the right Language & Country/Region settings
To set the language and country/region settings, you need to keep to the instructions below.
- Looking into the printer’s control panel display, you’ll be able to select the desired language by touching the Down Arrow () to scroll through the list of languages until the desired language appears.
- Select the desired language by touching the screen and then touching the Yes button on the screen to accept the language setting.
- Press the Down Arrow () button until the right Country/Region displays up.
- Select the desired Country/Region, and then select the Yes to accept the country/region setting.
Step 8: Installing Printing Cartridges for your printer
To get your printer’s cartridge installed, you can follow the instructions below.
If you do not install the Setup cartridges that comes with the printer, then that can lead to a cartridge error.
- If your printer isn’t already switched on and running, power on your printer by pressing on the Power button.
- Open the carriage access door, and then pull out the cartridge access door.
- Strip out the setup cartridge from its packaging.
- Align the cartridge and hold it in such a way that the cartridge’s contacts are pointed inwards to the printer. For Clear understanding of ink cartridge and types visit our 123.hp.com/oj6700
- Gently push and slide the new cartridge with the cartridge contacts facing the printer.
Ensure that the coloured dots seen on the cartridge label matches the coloured dot on the slot.
- Continue to do this for all the other cartridges.
- Now go ahead and shut close the cartridge access door, and then close the carriage access door.