HP Officejet 200 Printer Connectivity
The supported methods for connecting your printer 123.hp.com/oj200 to the computer or smart devices or network or network protocol specifications are given here. Review the following information to know about the connection methods and their requirements
The connection method for OfficeJet 200 printers are Wired or Ethernet connection, Wireless connection, USB connection, Wi-Fi Direct method and HP Smart app. The requirements of the wireless connection is Ultra 802.11n. The requirement of USB connection is Hi-speed 2.0 USB. Wireless network is required for the connection methods like Wi-Fi Direct method and HP Smart app. Follow the below given steps to setup the connection method in a correct procedure.
- Wired or Ethernet connection
- Check whether you have gathered all the requirements for the wired or Ethernet connection and follow the below given instructions.
- The requirements are network router network router, switch, or hub with available Ethernet ports. Your computer should be connected to the router or switch or hub.
- Use Ethernet cable instead of standard telephone cable to connect the printer and follow the procedure to setup the Ethernet connection in your printer.
- Switch on the printer. Remove the plugs from the Ethernet port on the rear of the printer. Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer port, and then connect the other end of the cable to an available port on the network router, switch, or hub.
- Download the print driver to complete the wired connection by visiting the website 123.hp.com. Type the printer model HP OfficeJet 200and follow the instructions that appear on the screen
- Download HP Easy Start app or the app may automatically download based on your printer model.
- Choose the printer connection type as wired or Ethernet If the setup is successful, skip the remaining steps. If the download gets failed, continue to the hp.support.com and type your printer model. Check with the operating system compatibility and correct version of the operating system.
- Click Download which is visible next to the printer full feature driver in the Driver-Product Installation Software and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Follow the HP Download and Install Assistantor select Download only to save and run the driver file from your computer.
- Choose a printer connection setup as wired and try printing a self test page or some thing to test the printer function and connectivity.
- Wireless connection
- To setup the printer in a wireless network, gather some of the important requirements such as wireless network name known as Service Set Identifier and a wireless network password to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- The wireless network name should be the name of your wireless network. The wireless password is the WEP key or WPA passphrase
- You can find it on the backside of you wireless router if it has not been change since setting up your wireless network .
- To setup the wireless communication, use the Wireless Setup Wizard from control panel display. Touch wireless icon in the control panel.
- Touch the SetupàWirlesssSettingsàWireless Setup Wizard and follow the instructions on screen to complete the setup. Click your network name in the network list and touch OK. If your network name is not available, click Enter New Network Name and follow the instructions to enter your network name.
- Type the WPA password and touch Done. Download the driver from 123.hp.com . Type the printer model and install the software to complete the setup.
- USB connection
- Use the USB cable with Hi-speed 2.0 to connect your printer with the computer before the printer prompts you to disconnect the USB cable
- Check whether your printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network to install the printer. Follow any one given method to open the printer software based on the operating system you use
- Right click on the empty area of the screen if you use the Windows operating system, click All apps in the app bar and click the printer’s icon.
- Switch on the printer and obtain a USB cable less than 3 m in length. Do not connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate.
- Disconnect the USB printer cable from the printer and search windows for ‘devices’. Click the Devices and Printers control panel settings in the results. Click Remove device by right clicking on the Devices and Printer.
- Wi-Fi Direct connection
Use the Wi-Fi direct to print wirelessly from a computer or a wireless-capable mobile device without connecting to a wireless network.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the control panel and the Wi-Fi direct connection status and details are displayed.
- Select Settings and Choose on to turn on the Wi-Fi direct item.
- Turn on the computer’s Wi-Fi connection also and check whether computer supports Wi-Fi direct or not.
- Connect to a new network by the process you normally use to connect to a new wireless network or hotspot.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Direct name from the list of wireless networks shown such as DIRECT-**-HP OfficeJet XXXX .
- Type the Wi-Fi Direct password when prompted.
- Open the HP printer software and click ToolsàDevice Setup&Software àConnect a new printer.
- Select Wireless when the Connection Options software screen appears.
- Select the HP printer from the printer list and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
HP OfficeJet 200 Printer Control Panel Display
Buttons and icon to navigate the menu, change print settings, lights to verify to Wi-Fi Direct and Wireless connection are in the control panel display. Review the below information to know more about the features of the buttons and icons present in the control panel display.
- The control panel will help you manage printer like configuration settings, network configuration settings and reading the printer information.
- The control panel display has menu items, settings and information of the printer.
- The Back button in the printer control panel display will help you to return to the previous screen.
- The cancel button or selection button will cancel an action or selects an item from the menu.
- Confirm your selection using the OK button in the control panel display
- The Up arrow button will help you to select the previous menu option or scroll up the screen.
- The Down arrow button will help you to select the next menu option or scroll down the screen.
- The wireless button displays the wireless connection status and settings. The wireless button is On when the printer is connected to a wireless network. The wireless light will be Off if the wireless feature is turned off.
- Use the Wi-Fi Direct connection button to display the Wi-Fi Direct connection status and settings.
- The Help button will open the help menu when you are on the Home screen, display help for a selected menu option, or provide more information about the current screen.
HP OfficeJet 200 Printer Mobile Printing Solutions
The HP Office Jet 200 printer supports the below given mobile solutions. Follow the simple procedures given below to install and utilize the app for an easier printing solutions.
The mobile printing solution supported by the HP OfficeJet 200 printer are HP ePrint, HP Smart app, HP ePrint mobile app, HP Print service Plugin, Apple AirPrint and Mopria certified. The web services supported are print apps and Scheduled Delivery Printables.
1. HP ePrint
HP ePrint is one of the mobile printing solutions supported by the OfficeJet 200 printer. The HP ePrint service helps you to send your documents to the printer using email and your printer will print the document directly. HP ePrint is a free cloud based and secured service to print from anywhere.
Gather some of the requirements before initializing the setup. You will not be able to use the HP ePrint if you did not acquire all the below given requirements.
Disable the USB connection and visit www.hpconnected.com to sign up to your HP account which helps to view your ePrint job status and other ePrint settings. Make sure that your printer is connected to an active network. Switch on the web services.
Email your document to the printer, create a new email and attach the document to print. Now the email should be sent to the printer email address. The attached document will be printed by the printer.
Check the requirements for print using ePrint. Initially the printer address in the TO: field only. Other email address should be in the Cc: field. A blank email subject line will lead to HP ePrint error or it will cancel the print job. Open office files are not supported. Printing on both sides is not supported.
2. HP Smart app
The HP Smart App help you to connect to your wireless network using your mobile devices. Print, scan and capture files with your smart devices using your HP Smart app. The HP Smart app also known as the HP AiO Printer Remote App.
To install in Android device, Check whether your Android device is in the same wireless network as your printer and keep the android device near your router. Download and install the HP smart app from the google Play Store on your Android device.
Open the app and tap Start and accept the terms and conditions. Tap to Continue. In the app home screen, tap the plus sign to search for the printers that are connected to the network Tap the printer in the list of printers connected to your wireless network.
Click the Add Printer if you are connecting to a new printer and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
To install in apple iOS device, Make sure your printer is switched on and check whether your Apple iOS device is connected to the same wireless network as your printer. Download and install the HP smart app from the App store on your Apple iOS device.
Click start and Accept the terms and conditions. Tap Continue to search for the printers that are connected to your network. The app automatically select your printer if you have one printer already connected to the wireless network.
Otherwise tap the plus sign to connect a new printer and follow the instruction that appear on the screen
3. HP ePrint Mobile app
HP ePrint App is a mobile application which allows you to print any supported HP printer connected on the same wireless network. The HP ePrint app is retired for Apple iOS devices. Print photos or documents using the HP ePrint app. You can also print using the cloud services like google drive and Dropbox from wherever you are with the help of an active internet connection.
You should have a mobile device with Android OS version 4.0 and later versions or Amazon fire OS with 4.1- 4x and 5.1 or 5x or later versions. Connect to a wireless network using the Wi-Fi settings on your smartphone. Check whether the wireless signal is switched on and the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device.
Download and install the HP ePrint app from the Google Play Store on your device. choose the data usage preferences by
The HP ePrint app home screen displays and follow the prompts that appear on the screen, tap Grant permission, Add Cloud Account, or Add Email Account to access files, social media and cloud accounts.
4. HP AirPrint
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution that comes with Apple iOS v4.2 and above versions. Use your iPad, iPhone or iPhone to connect to the wireless network. The HP Printers released after 2010 will support AirPrint.
You should have an Apple device with version iOS 4.2 and above version. Check whether your printer and Apple devices are connected in the same network or Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct should be supported by your Printer
Turn on the printer and open the file to print. Click the Action icon which displays menu option. Click Print or the print icon and click Select Printer to select your printer from the list. Change the settings by clicking Options menu
5. Mopria Print Service
Mopria print service is a mobile application available in the Google play store for free. Print the documents, web pages and emails using your Android device in your HP printer.
Setup the printer hardware and have a mobile Android device with OS 4.0 or above. Connect your printer to a wireless or wired network with an active internet connection and you printer should be connected in the same network as your Android device It is recommended to keep the devices within the range of the printer.
Install the Mopria print service plugin from the Google play store. To turn on the service choose any one method.
If you are installing for the first time, swipe down the home screen to view the dash board. You will find the Mopria print service installed. Tap to enable the service plugin notification.
If you are updating the service plugin, tap Settings , tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing. Tap the Mopria print service to tap it on.
6. HP Print Service plugin
The HP Print Service plugin allows you to print from your smart android devices. Print to the HP printer in a Wi-Fi network or a Wi-Fi direct connection for printer. Follow the below procedure to setup the HP Print Service plugin on your Android Smart phones or tablets.
Install the HP Print service plugin on your Android Smart phone or tablet. You should have a mobile device with Android OS 4.4 or later version downloaded from the Google Play store. after you install the HP Print Service plugin, switch on the plugin
Based on your Android version and device manufacturer, the menus, icons and location of the print setting may be different from one or more devices
Android device is on the same network as your printer and make sure that the Wi-Fi direct is enable on your printer and android device. Install or update the HP Print Service Plugin from the google play store on your Android device.
The service will be automatically enable after installation if you have Android devices with 7.0 and later version,. You can skip to the next step that is Print using the HP Print Service plugin
Tap to the dashboard and find the HP Inc. service installed if you are installing first time. Update the HP Print Service Plugin and click Settings à More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharingà Print or Printing . Click ON after clicking the HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc. and turn off the unnecessary plugins
HP OfficeJet 200 Printer Regulatory Specifications
HP OfficeJet 200 Printer Ink Cartridges
Regulatory model number and radio frequency radiation are the two sections in regulatory specification. To know more in detail about the regulatory specification. review the following information.
Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to check the compatibility of the ink cartridge with your HP OfficeJet 200 printer or to order new ink cartridge supplies.
HP OfficeJet 200 Printer Paper Handling Specifications
In the input tray, the capacities vary according to the paper type. The photo paper weighing 300 gsm2 (80 lb bond) that is up to 20 sheets can be inserted.
HP OfficeJet 200 Printers Environmental Specifications
HP OfficeJet 200 Printers System Requirements
HP provides quality products in an environmentally sound manner. The products of HP can be recycled as it is designed in a unique manner. Check whether you operate the printer in the following environmental parameters, otherwise the printer could be damaged.
The minimum system requirements and recommended system requirements for supported Windows and Mac operating system in your HP OfficeJet 200 printers are given below. Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is needed when you want to use the Embedded web server.