Install the software and printer driver on a wireless network on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdn printer using the below instructions and finish the wireless network setup successfully.
1. Choose the software installation method
2. Installation setup
3. Printer connection
- Using two easy methods, you can install the software either by downloading the software on the HP website or the installation CD.
- Installing the software from installation CD that is shipped along with the printer is the easiest and quickest way. The latest version of your printer software may not be available in the installation CD.
- Downloading the software from 123.hp.com will help you to download the current version and also avoid the issues in installing the software.
- You need to gather the requirements to setup the printer driver installation. Follow the below given steps and check whether you have all the requirements
- A network name(SSID), network password(WEP key or WPA security passphrase), a computer connected on a wireless network, broadband internet access such as cable or DSL and a USB cable are the requirements to setup the wireless connection.
- Place the computer and printer closer during the installation. Connect the printer and computer on the same wireless network.
- Setup the printer and disconnect the USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
- Connect the printer to your network with Wi-Fi protected support(WPS) or wireless setup wizard on the printer.
- Connect the printer using the Wi-Fi protected setup for the HP installer during the installation. Confirm whether your wireless router supports WPS push button connection type.
- Press and hold the Wireless button for a few seconds until you see the wireless light starts blinking.
- Press the WPS button on your wireless router within two minutes. The printer establishes a network connection with the wireless network automatically within two minutes. Now the printer is connected to the network and continue to the driver installation.
4. Driver installation
- Download and install the most current version of the printer software from 123.hp.com or support.hp.com . Complete the wireless setup if an Auto wireless connection screen displays during installation. Follow the steps in the installation software and complete the setup.
- You should disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Click Download to download and run HP Easy star after visiting 123.hp.com/laserjet.
- Click My Printer is Not shown, when prompted to select your printer. The printer not found screen will display.
- Click ContinueàWireless network if applicable. Otherwise click Continue and follow the instructions that appear on screen to setup your printer on a wireless network.
- If the download fails, visit hp.support.com and type your printer model and confirm whether the operating system version is correct. Click Download to download the full feature software driver or basic driver and follow the instructions that appear on the screen using the HP Download and install Assistant.