- Make sure you get all the requirements to prepare for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Turn on the printer and make it in a ready state. You need an UAB cable with a length of 3 metres in length.
- On your computer, there is an USB port. Connecting through the USB hub or docking station may lead failure in printer operation due to inefficient power.
- The printer should be disconnected from the USB cable from computer. During the installation setup, reconnect the cable until prompted.
- Visit 123.hp.com and type your printer model. Click Begin based on your printer and operating system version. Download the installation app HP Easy Start downloads or download the full feature driver.
- Enable the full scan functionality if your printer has scanner. After the install screen displays and HP Easy scan is selected.
- Follow the onscreen instruction to setup and install your printer with HP Easy Start. Complete the remaining steps in this section
- If your printer model is not listed on 123.hp.com ort he Easy Start fails, continue with the below given steps.
- You can download from hp.support.com, type your printer model and confirm the operating system version is correct.
- Click Download or the full feature driver under the Driver-Product installation software based on the option that is displaying.
- Open the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder of browser bar to initialise the installation
- Select USB if you are prompted for a printer connection type. Check whether HP Scan or HP Easy Scan on the Install screen and enable full scan functionality if your printer has scanning options.
- Click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, if you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu and click Add.
- Complete the installation after returning to HP installer. Based on your printer functionality, try to print, scan or fax.
123 HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdn USB Printer Setup in Mac
1. Initial setup
- Before installing printer software, check with the requirements that are needed for driver installation
- Turn on the printer and keep it in a ready state. Obtain a USB cable less than 3 meters in length. You should not connect using the USB hub or docking station. Otherwise the printer will not properly operate due to less power.
- Before installing the printer driver, continue with the same steps to remove the printer from the installed devices, if you have USB connected between your computer and printer. Otherwise move on to the next step.
- The USB cable should be disconnected during the driver installation. Make sure that the USB cable is not connected until prompted
- Search for Devices in the Windows and in the search results, click the Devices and Printers.
- Click Remove device after right clicking on the printer model. Remove all the icons for the printer if multiple icons exists. Continue the printer setup after closing the Devices and Printers dialog box.
2. Driver installation
- You can download the driver by two methods. You can either use the HP Easy Start app or manually progress with the installation process. Follow the below given steps
- Visit the 123.hp.com, type your printer model number in the search box and click search. Based on your printer model, HP Easy Start might download.
- The HP Easy Start is a guided driver installation app for HP printers.
- Follow the instructions to open the downloaded file to start the setup. Choose the connection type as USB. If the setup is successful, you can skip the below given step.
- If your download fails or your printer is not listed on the website, visit support.hp.com, type your printer model and check whether the operating system detected by the website is correct to check the compatibility of the system.
- You can download the full feature driver or basic driver only. Click download and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Select the USB connection when prompted to choose the printer connection and complete the setup successfully.