The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdn printer user manual consists of printer hardware setup, control panel setup, wired network setup, software installation, mobile printing setup and HP ePrint setup.
1. Hardware setup
- Unbox the printer from the box and all tapes, stickers and packing materials should be removed from the printer. Remove the packing materials from inside and outside the printer.
- Remove the protective film from the control panel and recycle the packing materials.
- Install the input tray dust cover by opening the input tray door, pull the dust cover out from the printer and remove the tape from the dust cover. Unfold the sides of dust cover and align the dust cover hinge pins with hinge slots above in the input tray area.
- Lift the dust cover and slide the paper width and length guide to their outermost positions. Load a stack of paper and slide the stack forward until it stops. Press in the sides of the dust cover lights and lower it. Select the correct paper size and type settings from the control panel before printing or copying.
- Disconnect the USB cable if you have connected the printer to computer using the USB cable.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and other end of the power cord into an electrical outlet. Switch on the printer. Select your country/region and language on the printer control panel and select the date and time if prompted.
- Press OK and your HP printer hardware setup is completed successfully.
2. Connection method setup
Select a connection method to connect your printer and computer directly. Some of the connection methods are USB, wireless and wired network connection. You can select any one connection method.
- Disable the USB cable during software installation and continue, if you choose the USB connection method on your Windows computer.
- Connect the cable when the installer prompts you to connect.
- Download the software by using the steps in software installation
- Connect the USB cable to the printer and computer before installing the software and continue to software installation if you choose the USB connection method on your OS X.
- Connect the printer to a wireless network. Check whether the printer, access point and computer are switched on and the computer is connected to the wireless network.
- If you print from a computer continue with software installation. Otherwise continue with mobile printing setup when using a smart device such as a phone or tablet.
Wired network connection
Connect the network cable to the printer and to the network. Wait for a few seconds to acquire a network address for the printer. Continue with the software installation.
3. Software installation
You can download the software from HP Easy Start or from the HP support website or from the Installation CD.
- Download the HP Easy Start from your Windows or OS X and go to 123.hp.com/laserjet and click Download. Follow the instructions that appear onscreen and save the file to the computer. Run the file with an extension .exe to launch the software and install it.
- Download the software from hp.support.com/ljM130MFP . Select Software and drivers to download the software for your printer model and operating system. Launch the software file from the Downloads folder.
- You can also install the software from your printer CD on your Windows computer. Insert the CD in the computer’s CD drive. Follow the instructions that appear on screen and install the software.
4. Mobile printing setup
Wireless network connection
5. HP ePrint setup
- Connect the printer and your devices such as phone or tablet on the same wireless network.
- On your Apple iOS devices, open the file to print and select Action icon. Select print, select the printer and select Print again.
- On you Android devices with 4.4 or latest version, open the file you wish to print and select the Menu button. Select Print, select the printer and select Print again.
- Download the HP AiO Remote app from the Windows store on your Windows phone.
Wi-Fi Direct connection
- Wi-Fi direct connect directly from a wireless mobile device to an Wi-Fi enabled printer without connecting to the internet. Follow the below steps to enable the Wi-Fi direct from the control panel.
- Press the Setup button on the control panel and open the Network Setup menu. Open the Wi-Fi direct menu and enable the Wi-Fi direct by touching the ON
- HP ePrint help to print documents that are sent as an email attachment to printer’s email address from any email enabled devices that are not on the same network
- Some of the requirements to use HP ePrint are the printer must be connected to a wired or wireless network which has an internet access, the web services on the printer must be turned on and the printer must be registered to HP connected account.
- Turn on the web service by the below given steps. Connect the printer to a network and enter the network IP address in the web browser.
- To find the IP address, go to Find printer IP address in the getting started guide or refer to the user guide.