Download the full feature software from the 123.hp.com or install it from the software installation CD. You need a Wi-Fi or wired network connection which is used by the installer to setup your printer. No devices found, Your printer could not be found on your wireless network, unable to find the printer, Printer not found are some of the errors that is occurred if the installer does not detect the printer even after selecting the connection type.
Follow the below given steps to troubleshoot the issues causing the printer driver setup problems.
- Turn off the printer after disconnecting the power cord from router. Shut down the computer after closing all the running programs in your computer. The router power cord should be reconnected and wait for the printer to regain the internet connectivity.
- Turn on the printer and computer. Install the printer driver again.
- Make sure your network is working properly by checking that it is not connected to guest or host network that allows guest logins. If you have a dual band router you must have 2.4GHz band. Otherwise the printer cannot connect to the network.
- Manually connect the printer to your network so that the HP installer can find the printer. If you have a touch or text-based control panel use either the wireless setup wizard or Wi-Fi Protected setup. Install the HP driver and software again after connecting.
- HP Print and Scan doctor, a free tool provided by HP for diagnosing and resolving print and scan issues can be downloaded. The HP Print and Scan Doctor is found at https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03286146/ . In your browser’s URL section enter the above mentioned link and press Enter. The link for HP Print and Scan doctor download is available under the topic Running print and scan doctor. Click on the link and follow the instructions on screen. Visit the above mentioned link to know more in detail.
- Disable the firewall software for some time as the settings of firewall may block communication with network printers even though it helps to block threat from outside. You can disable the firewall software on your computer using the Print and Scan doctor. Open the print and Scan doctor window click Network → Troubleshooting Firewalls. Click the name of any firewall that is enabled on your system and click Disable.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your printer and Search Windows for Programs and Features, click Programs and Feature in the search results. Click your printer name in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall or Yes. Restart the computer after removing the software completely by following the instructions on screen.
- Reinstall the HP software by turning on the printer. Go the HP support website hp.support.com and enter your printer model number. Click Software and drivers tab, click Go. It is recommended to download the full feature software and driver. Follow the instructions that appear on screen and finish the setup