Setup the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw printer by installing the software and printer driver on a wireless network. Follow the below instructions to finish the setup successfully.
1. Select the software installation method
- You can install the software by two easy methods. One is by downloading the software using the installation CD and other method is by downloading the software from the website.
- The quick and easiest way is installing the software from the CD. But the CD might not have the current and latest version of the software even the printer is new.
- Downloading the software from 123.hp.com will help you to download the current version and also avoid the issues in installing the software.
2. Installation setup
- You need to gather the requirements to setup the printer driver installation. Follow the below given steps and check whether you have all the requirements
- A network name(SSID), network password(WEP key or WPA security passphrase), a computer connected on a wireless network, broadband internet access such as cable or DSL and a USB cable are the requirements to setup the wireless connection.
- Place the computer and printer closer during the installation. Connect the printer and computer on the same wireless network.
- Setup the printer and disconnect the USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
3. Printer connection
- Connect the printer to your network with Wi-Fi protected support(WPS) or wireless setup wizard on the printer.
- Connect the printer using the Wi-Fi protected setup for the HP installer during the installation. Confirm whether your wireless router supports WPS push button connection type.
- Press and hold the Wireless button for a few seconds until you see the wireless light starts blinking.
- Press the WPS button on your wireless router within two minutes. The printer establishes a network connection with the wireless network automatically within two minutes. Now the printer is connected to the network and continue to the driver installation.
4. Driver installation
- Download and install the most current version of the printer software from 123.hp.com or support.hp.com . Complete the wireless setup if an Auto wireless connection screen displays during installation. Follow the steps in the installation software and complete the setup.
- You should disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Click Download to download and run HP Easy star after visiting 123.hp.com/laserjet.
- Click My Printer is Not shown, when prompted to select your printer. The printer not found screen will display.
- Click ContinueàWireless network if applicable. Otherwise click Continue and follow the instructions that appear on screen to setup your printer on a wireless network.
- If the download fails, visit hp.support.com and type your printer model and confirm whether the operating system version is correct. Click Download to download the full feature software driver or basic driver and follow the instructions that appear on the screen using the HP Download and install Assistant.