When installing the printer driver on your HP LaserJet Pro M203dw, you may get some issues like printer not found and many more. You must check the network connection and other criteria which causes the printer driver issues. The HP installer may not detect the printer due to issues like printer not found, unable to find printer and devices not found and many more. You can resolve these issues by following the steps given below
- Switch of all your devices like computer, printer and router. Close the programs running on your computer system such as HP software installation window and many more to shut down. Turn off your printer and router. Wait for a few minutes and reconnect the power cord to router. The printer will display a normal connected status after connecting to the internet.
- Turn on your printer and computer. Install the full feature software and driver again. If it is installed, stop the troubleshooting. Otherwise, continue with the next step to resolve the printer driver issue.
- You have to check the status of printer connection by verifying that your network is working correctly and the printer is ready for your network setup.
- Make sure that the wireless signal is switched on by opening the wireless network or Settings menu. Make sure that the wireless light near the wireless icon is on and steady. If the wireless light is blinking also, the network is connected only.
- If you have connected your printer and computer to a wired network connection, check whether the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port. The green light should be steady and the orange light should blink in order to confirm the wired network connection
- If you connect on a guest of host networks such as schools, colleges or public network, you many get privacy issues. Connect on your own network.
- If you have a dual band router, set it to 2.4 GHz. If your router is set to 5 GHz, then the printer cannot be connected to this network. To view the network name, mouse over the network icon in the notification. Disconnect the virtual private network during printer driver installation. If the printer driver issue is resolve, you can stop. Otherwise continue to the next step.
- Connect the printer manually by using the wireless connection on wireless setup wizard.
- Connect the printer manually for the HP installer to find it. Install the HP printer driver again after connecting. Use the wireless setup wizard also known as the guided tool to help in setting up the wireless network.
- Select your network name and type your password to connect the printer to the your network. You should type the network name and password manually if they are hidden and remember that the network names and passwords are case-sensitive. If the printer issue is resolved skip the following step. Otherwise continue to the next step.
- You can also use the HP Print and Scan doctor. It is a free diagnostic tool provided by HP. The HP Print and Scan doctor is available in the downloads page itself.
- The main advantage of the HP Print and scan doctor is that it diagnoses the issues and try to resolve it by performing troubleshooting automatically.
- Open the HP Print and Scan doctor and click Start. Make sure that your printer is turned on and connected to the internet. Click My product is not listed if you cannot see your printer in the list of printer that appear on the screen. Click Retry and click Next to select your printer. When the connection problem is detected, click the method to resolve the printer issue.
- If the problem is not resolved, move on to the next step.
- Resolve the printer issues by disabling the firewall on your computer system as firewall blocks communications with the printer network.
- Disable the firewall software on your computer with the help of HP Print and Scan doctor.
- Click Network in the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Click Troubleshooting Firewalls in the drop down menu and click the firewall software which has been Enabled on your system. And click Disable.
- After disabling the firewall, try to install the driver. If the driver installation is successful, contact the firewall support to change the security and trusted zone settings to allow the HP software communication on your computer.
- If the installation continues to fail even after disabling the firewall, then it is not the issue. Re-enable the firewall in the Print and Scan Doctor and continue to the next step.
- Reinstall the software and driver after uninstalling. Disconnect the cable from the printer and search for Programs and Features in Windows, then click Programs and Feature in the search result. Uninstall your printer software and try to reinstall the software and complete the setup successfully