The HP full feature driver on the sotware installation CD or downloaded from 123.hp.com uses a guided installer to setup your printer for a Wi-Fi or wired network connection. Some errors such as printer not found, unable to find the printer, No devices found, Your printer could not be found on your wireless network may display, if the installer does not detect the printer even after selecting the connection type.
Follow the below given steps to troubleshoot the issues causing the printer driver setup problems.
- Initially turn off the printer after disconnecting the power cord from router. Close all the running programs in your computer and shut down. Reconnect the router power cord and wait for the printer to regain the internet connectivity. Switch on the printer and computer. Install the printer driver again
- Check whether your network is working correctly by checking that it is not connected to gues or host network that allows guest logins. You must have 2.4GHz band, if you have a dual band router. Otherwise the printer cannot connect to the network.
- You can also manually connect the printer to your network so that the HP installer can find the printer. If you have a touch or text-based control panel use either the wireless setup wizard or Wi-Fi Protected setup. Install the HP driver and software again after connecting.
- Use the HP Print and Scan doctor, a free tool provided by HP for diagnosing and resolving print and scan issues. Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Enter the link https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03286146 in your browser’s URL section and press Enter. Under the topic Running print and scan doctor, the link for HP Print and Scan doctor download is available. Click on the link and follow the instructions on screen. To know more in detail, visit the above mentioned link.
- Disable the firewall software for some time as the