Read the below given article to know about the correct paper types and sizes and overloading the printer. Some of the paper handling specifications are paper tray capacity, supported paper sizes, envelopes, photo paper, cards, labels, custom sizes and print margins.
1. 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer Capacity of paper tray
- The capacity of the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer such as input paper tray has a capacity to use the plain paper with weight 75 to 90 g/m2 (16 to 72 lb bond) with up to 125 sheets of plain paper (25 mm [1 inch] stacked), photo paper with weight of 250 g/m2 up to 55 sheets, labels up to 40 sheets of paper, envelopes with weight of 75 to 90 g/m2 (16 to 72 lb bond envelope) up to 5 envelopes, cards with weight of 163 to 200 g/m2 (90 to 110 lb index) up to 40 cards, trnsparencies with upto 40 sheets.
- The photo paper tray capacity is 102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 in) photo paper with the weight of up to to 250 g/m2 Up to 15 sheets and 100 x 150 mm (3.9 x 5.9 in) photo paper) with the weight of 250 g/m2 Up to 15 sheets. The output tray has a capacity to ue the paper with weight 60 to 75 g/m2 with up to 125 sheets of plain paper (25 mm [1 inch] stacked), photo paper up to 10 sheets, labels up to 25 sheets of paper, up to 5 envelopes, cards with up to 40 cards, trnsparencies with upto 25 sheets.
2. Paper sizes supported
- The paper type is plain paper which can be of the size 102 x 203mm, 152 x 203 mm, 216 x 330mm, A4, A5, A6, B5 and U.S Executive, US government, US Letter, US Legal and US Statement are supported by the input tray.
- The photo paper type is 102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 inches), 127 x 177.8 mm (5.0 x 7.0 inches), 203 x 254 mm (8.0 x 10.0 inches), 127 x 178 mm (5.0 x 7.0 inches) and 130 x 180 mm (5.1 x 7.1 inches) . These size are compatible for borderless printing
3. Envelopes supported
Check whether you are using only the envelopes that are suggested here to avoid paper jams and other printer related issues. The paper types are A2 envelope, C5 envelope, C6 envelope, Chou #3 envelope, Card envelope, DL envelope, Monarch envelope, US 10 envelope and Envelope 6 ¾ types are supported
4. Cards supported
Check whether you use only the cards that are mentioned here to avoid paper jams and other issues. The cards that are supported by the printer are Ofuku Hagaki compatible only with plain and Inkjet Hagaki from Japan post not with photo Hagaki from Japan Post, the Japanese post card, Index card letter, A4 index card, A6 card, Index card of sizes 76.2 x 127 mm, 102 x 152 mm and 127 x 203 mm.
5. Labels supported
Check whether you insert only the labels that are mentioned here to avoid jamming issue and other printer related problems, when you are loading in the input tray. The printer support Letter-sized sheets and A4-sized sheets only.
6. 123.hp.com/envy5540 Custom sizes supported
- The dimensions of the custom size that are given here should fall within parameters listed. The single-sided printing paper size supports the size 89.9 to 215 mm (3.54 to 8.5 inches) x 127 to 317.5 mm (5.0 to 12.5 inches) and the two-sided printing paper size supports the size 89.9 to 215 mm (3.54 to 8.5 inches) x 140 to 309 mm (5.5 to 12.2 inches)
- Click the Advanced tab in the printer driver, if you are using the Windows operating systems and select Minimize Margins. Otherwise select Manage Custom Sizes from the print Driver settings in your OS X accordingly.
- Once you are done with the software and printer driver download from 123.hp.com/envy5540