The ink cartridge is the most important accessory in the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer. The HP envy 5540 printer series consists of the black ink cartridge and the color ink cartridges. Around the world , the black ink cartridge is HP 62 black and HP 62XL black. The color ink cartridge is the HP 62 tri-color cartridge and HP 62 XL tri-color cartridge
- To install the ink cartridge for the first time, you have to install the Setup for proper working of the ink cartridges.
- After installing the ink cartridge setup continue to the next steps. Switch on the printer.
- You have to shut the output tray extender and rotate the tray in a clockwise direction to stow it in the printer. Open the front door of the printer and cartridge access door.
- Wait until the print carriage moves to the center of the printer. Press down to release the ink cartridge and remove it.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the package. Pull the tab to remove the plastic tape and insert the new ink cartridge.
- Do not touch the electrical contacts on the ink cartridge. Place the ink cartridge into the slot and close the cartridge access door.
- When you are printing a document after installing the ink cartridge, you will be prompted by the HP printer software to align the ink cartridges.
- After aligning, close the front door of the printer. Pull the output tray and tray extender.
- Try printing the alignment page to check whether the alignment is proper.
- To purchase the replacement cartridge and other accessories or to check the compatibility of the toner cartridge, visit the website123.hp.com/envy5540
- Select your country/region on the top right corner of the screen and enter your printer model number to proceed.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to check the compatibility of the ink cartridge with your printer or to order new ink cartridge supplies.
- Once you are done with the ink cartridge installation, you can gradually move on to the software download from 123.hp.com/envy5540