HP Envy 4520 Printer Connectivity
The HP connectivity reviews the information about the methods supported by printer to your computer, network, smartphones and network protocol specifications. The connection methods are Wireless, USB and HP smart app. The Ethernet connection is not supported by the HP envy4520 printers
1. Wireless network connection
Follow the below guidelines to setup the wireless network connection.
- To setup a wireless network connection in your HP printer, you have to gather some requirement are Service Set Identifier(SSID) know as the network name is the initial requirement for the connection setup, password also called as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase, a computer that is connected with you wireless network only
- To setup the wireless network connection, you need an internet access. It is recommend to use the broadband connection as it will help in using Web services.
- Turn on your computer and printer. Make sure that your computer and printer are at the same network. If you have any signal problems, make your printer to be in contact with the computer and in the range of the router during HP envy4520 installation.
HP Envy 4520 Printer – Driver installation
- To download and install the most current version visit support.hp.com and type your model number. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen and complete the setup.
- Otherwise you have to follow the instructions in HP installer software. If you are not interested , you can go with the installation CD.
- Visit HP envy4520 to enter your model number and click Begin to start the download.
- You have to click Download and click any one button such as Open, Save or Run in any windows to display to download the driver.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation wizard
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the setup and driver installation. Then return to the page to complete the registration and activation
Connecting to wireless network
- Using the wireless setup wizard you can easily connect the printer to the wireless network and manage the wireless connection to your printer. Press the wireless button on the control panel as the initial step. You will notice the display of Wireles menu
- Click the Settings icon and click the wireless Setup wizard. Follow the onscreen instructions to onnect the printer to your wireless network
2. HP Envy4520 printer – USB connection
Follow the below given steps to setup your printer for a USB cable connection.
- To setup the USB cable connection, check whether you have gathered the requirements like the printer should be switched on in a ready state to connect to the computer using the USB cable and a USB cable of length less than 3 meters is needed.
- Connect using the USB port on your computer. If you connect through a USB hub or docking station, it may lead to the printer to not work properly due to minimum power.
- If you connected the USB cable to the computer before installing the HP driver, continue with these steps to remove the printer from the installed devices to help ensure a successful setup. Otherwise skip to the next step to install the driver.
- Delete the previously installed printer version from your Windows computer before setting up for the USB connection. Remove the USB cable.
- In Windows, search for devices and click the Devices and Printer control panel settings in the results
- Search for your printer model and right-click on it to remove by clicking the Remove device. Remove all the multiple icons existing for the printer
HP Envy 4520 – Driver installation
- To download and install the most current version of your printer software, you need to visit the website HP envy4520. Enter the printer model and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Download HP Easy Start app
- Choose the connection type when you are instructed to do so. Select the USB connection as we are moving towards the USB connection setup.
- The USB connection setup is successful and the remaining steps are not necessary to complete.
- If the HP Easy Start download fails or you cannot find your printer in HP envy4520, continue and install it from the HP website.
- Visit the site support.hp.com to download the software and driver downloads. Type your printer model and check whether the operating system compatibility
- Click Download next to the full feature driver. Follow the instructions that appear on the instructions to the HP Download and Install Assistant or select Download Only to save and run the driver file from your computer.
- Choose a printer connection option. Select the USB connection and complete the installation setup successfully
3. HP Envy4520 – HP smart app
The HP Smart App help you to connect to your wireless network using your mobile devices. Print, scan and capture files with your smart devices using your HP Smart app. The HP Smart app also known as the HP AiO Printer Remote App
HP Smart App installation in Android Device
- Check whether your Android device is in the same wireless network as your printer and keep the android device near your router. Download and install the HP smart app from the google Play Store on your Android device.
- Open the app and tap Start and accept the terms and conditions. Tap Continue. In the app home screen, tap the plus sign to search for the printers that are connected to the network Tap the printer in the list of printers connected to your wireless network.
- Click the Add Printer if you are connecting to a new printer and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
HP Smart App installation in Apple iOS devices.
- Make sure your printer is switched on and check whether your Apple iOS device is connected to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Download and install the HP smart app from the App store on your Apple iOS device.
- Click start and Accept the terms and conditions. Tap Continue to search for the printers that are connected to your network.
- The app automatically select your printer if you have one printer already connected to the wireless network
HP Envy 4520 Printer Physical Dimension
The physical dimension of the printer includes dimensions with its measurement. The physical dimensions of HP envy 4520 printer mentioned here are height, weight, depth and Width.
The height of the printer is 118.11 mm that is 4.65 inches. 444.5 mm that is 17.5 is the width of the printer. The depth is classified into with tray extender extended and without tray extender extended. The depth with tray extender extended is 493.78 mm that is 19.44 inches and the depth without tray extender extended is 350.27 that is 13.70. The weight of the HP envy printer is 5.3 kg approximately 11.89
HP Envy 4520 Control Panel Display
Control panel display in the printer is the most important part as it helps you to access the Home button, wireless connectivity and Help menu access in a easier and less complex manner. Get to know about the HP Envy 4520 printer’s control panel display which helps you to access the printer in an easier way.
HP Envy 4520 Control Panel display buttons
- Power button : The first button mentioned in the figure is the power button. The Power button helps you to turn on or turn off the printer. You can just press the button once and it will be switched on. The button toggles from turning on and turning off at one click. The icon representing the power button is .
- Home button : The second button mentioned is the Home button which helps you to return to the Home screen of the control panel. The home screen is the one which is displayed when you turn on the printer. If the feature is available, then the button lights up. The icon representing the home button is
- Control Panel display : The control panel display is the screen which allows you to touch the screen for selecting menu options. You can also swipe your finger across the display if you want to scroll through the menu items.
- Wireless Status light : wireless status light button helps you to identify whether your printer is connected to the wireless connection or not. If there is a wireless connection, you will see a solid blue light which indicates the connection establishment and print wirelessly with the connection. Otherwise, the Wireless Summary screen will be displaying that the Wireless Off status. The icon representing the Wireless status light is
- Help button : The help button opens the Help menu for the current operation. If the feature is available, then the button lights up otherwise the button lights down. The icon which represents the help button is
- Back button : The back button will help you to return to the previous screen which you were using. If the feature is available, then the button lights up otherwise the button lights down. The icon which represents the back button is .
Control panel display menu
Use the control panel display menu to select print, fax, copy and scan options from the main menu by touching. You can also scroll through by swiping your fingers across the display.
- Copy : The copy option in the control panel display opens the copy menu. To select a copy type or to change the copy settings such as single copy or multiple copy and many copy issues, use the Copy option in the control panel display. The icon that represent the copy button is .
- Scan : The scan option in the control panel display opens the menu Scan To which allows you to choose a particular destination for your ongoing scan operation. The icon that represent the scan option is
- Fax : The Fax option in the control panel opens a screen to send a fax or change fax settings. The icon representing the Fax option is
- HP Printables : The HP Printables option in the control panel display is a quick way to access and to print information from the like coloring puzzles, coupons and more.
- Quick Forms : The Quick form options open the Quick Forms menu which helps you to select a form to print as there are many forms to print from your printer. The icon representing the HP Printables is
- Setup : The Setup option in the control panel opens the Setup menu which help you to modify your preferences and utilize the tools to do maintenance tasks. The Setup option is represented by
- Help : The Help option in the control panel opens the Help menu which allows to view videos to know about the setup and trouble shooting issues, printer features information and tips. The Help option is displayed like
- HP ePrint icon : The HP ePrint icon in the control panel opens the Web Services summary. The web services summary will provide details about the ePrint status details, ePrint settings and Web Services information page. The HP ePrint icon in the control panel looks like
- Wireless Direct : The Wireless Direct icon in the control panel opens the Wireless Direct Summary menu which helps you to switch off the HP Wireless direct printing and wireless direct name and password. The icon represents the Wireless direct is
- Wireless icon : The Wireless icon in the control panel opens the Wireless Summary menu. The wireless summary menu will provide the wireless status and change wireless settings. Print a wireless test report to help diagnose network connection issues. The Wireless icon displays by default, if your printer is not connected to any network connection. The Wireless icon is
- Ink icon : The Ink icon option will show you the ink cartridge levels. A warning symbol will be displayed by the ink if the ink level is minimum The Ink icon is
- Fax Status icon : The Fax status in the control panel will open the status information for the Auto answer function, fax sound volume and fax logs.
HP Envy 4520 Environmental Specification
HP Envy 4520 External Parts of the Printer
The external parts of the printer consists of buttons and hardware settings. The front view of the printer consists of many parts while the back view of the printer has power connection and USB port.
HP Envy 4520 Ink Cartridges
HP Envy 4520 Power and Regulatory Specification
HP Envy 4520 Mobile Printing Solutions
HP Envy 4520 Printer Paper Handling Specification
To know about the correct paper types and sizes and overloading the printer. Some of the paper handling specifications are paper tray capacity, supported paper sizes, envelopes, photo paper, cards, labels, custom sizes and print margins.
HP Envy 4520 Printer Printing Specification
HP Envy 4520 Printer System Requirement
The printing specification helps to become familiar with the print resolutions, duplexer method, device printer languages, print speeds and print method that are available