- How to Install ink cartridges on your HP deskjet plus 4130.
- Install software drivers from Deskjet 4130 on your HP Printer.
- Replacing and refilling ink cartridges on your HP deskjet plus 4130.
- Scan using the HP deskjet plus 4130.
- Troubleshooting common issues like Paper Jam.
HP 4130 Printer Features
The HP deskjet plus 4130 all-in-one printer is a compact printer that offers a large functionality for its users. It costs less than 60$ can also copy and scan. The copy and scan quality that you get for this price is reasonably good, if not brilliant. One of the other advantages of having this printer is that you don’t have to be very tech-savvy to finish the setup. It’s pretty easy.
The only major drawbacks would probably be the lack of a USB cable and the amount of ink it consumes. So, if your printing volume exceeds 300 pages per month, you can purchase the HP 63 XL High Yield Original Black Cartridge and Tri-colour cartridge for your HP deskjet plus 4130. You can get the HP 63 Black and Tri-colour cartridges if you print less than 300 pages per month.
Given below are the specifications for your HP deskjet plus 4130 printer
- Max Printing Speed (B/W): 20 ppm
- Max Printing Speed (colour): 16 ppm
- Input Tray: 60 sheets
- Paper Output Tray: 25 sheets
- Connectivity: USB, Wireless (Not Available)
- Now, tear away the transparent covering on the printer.
Next, you’ll learn how to unbox your HP deskjet plus 4130 Printer. Once you’ve followed all the steps below, you can download the software drivers from Printer Setup.
HP deskjet plus 4130 Unboxing
- First, cut away the tapes securing the HP deskjet plus 4130 printer.
- Then, tilt the printer and remove the cartridges, installation CD, power cord and printer installation guides.
- Next, remove the cardboard cutting on the top of the printer.
- Then, take out the printer guides and gently drag the printer out of the box.
- The Paper Output Tray is located on the front. Peel away the blue tapes on the surface and pull out the paper tray extender.
- Next, close the flap on front.
- Then, open the flap in the front to access the ink cartridge area. Pull out the piece of cardboard and the piece of blue tape sticking to it.
- Finally, Close the Paper Output Tray of the printer.
- This completes the unboxing of the HP deskjet plus 4130 printer. Once you’ve switched on the printer, you can download the software drivers from HP Printer.
HP deskjet plus 4130 Switching on the Printer
- First, take the printer’s power cord and remove its twist tie.
- Then, insert one end into the rear of the printer and the other end into the wall outlet. Avoid using power strips as they may disrupt the power supply to the printer.
- Next, press the power button on the left panel to switch on your deskjet plus 4130.
- Once the printer stops making noise, open the ink cartridge area flap.
- Now, wait until the cartridge reaches the center.
- Next, you’ll have to insert the HP 63 ink cartridges into your deskjet plus 4130.
HP deskjet plus 4130 Installing Ink Cartridges
- Take the HP 63 ink cartridges that you kept aside earlier.
- Next, unwrap the black cartridge and peel away the transparent film on the ink nozzle.
- Then, insert it into the right slot by sliding it in and pushing it upwards so that it fits snugly in place.
- Now, remove the wrapper from the tri-colour cartridge.
- Then insert this cartridge into the remaining slot by slightly sliding it upwards.
Once you’ve inserted the cartridges into the slot, you can load unused paper into the Paper Input Tray. Only one more step before you can download and install the software driver from Installation.
HP deskjet plus 4130 Wireless Setup
The HP deskjet plus 4130 can only be connected to the computer and it doesn’t support any Wireless Capabilities.
HP deskjet plus 4130 Loading Unused Paper
- Slide out the Paper Tray located at the back.
- Then, push the paper width guides as far apart as you can.
- Next, align a stack of sheets on a hard surface and slide them into the Paper Tray.
- Now, adjust the paper width guides such that they only touch the edges of the paper.
- The printer now prints out an alignment page once it has detected the installation of unloaded paper.
- Next, you must scan this alignment page so that the printer can figure out where to spray ink on the paper.
- First, open the scanner glass lid and place the alignment sheet print-side down on the face of the scanner glass using the guides on the sides as reference.
- Then, close the scanner glass lid and press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Colour button.
- This completes the printer alignment process.
Now, you can use the Installation CD to install the drivers from Loading Unused Paper.
HP Scanner Driver Download and Setup
You’ll have to use the full feature software drivers downloaded from Driver Download and Setup to scan using the HP deskjet plus 4130 printer.
Follow the steps below to scan documents using the HP deskjet plus 4130 printer.
- First, place the document to be scanned, print-side down on the scanner glass.
- Then, close the scanner glass lid.
- Go to the HP application from the Programs menu.
- Next, select the name of your printer.
- Then, click the Print and Scan tab.
- Now, you’ll find a “Scan a Document or Photo” option below the Scan menu.
- HP Scan opens. You can now select the format in which you’d like to save your scanned document.
- Then, you can select the page size and the colour of the scan.
- Once you’ve changed the settings as required, you can press the Scan button to scan the document.
In the next section, you’ll learn how to print on both sides of the paper using the HP deskjet plus 4130 printer.
HP Software Driver Installation (Windows)
Follow the steps below to download and install the free drivers from HP’s Support Website.
- Switch on the system and connect it to the internet.
- Now, open the browser and go to HP Deskjet 4130 Installation.
- Then, press the Download button.
- Once the download is complete, click the software to open it.
- If a User Account Control window appears, press OK to give the appropriate permission.
- Then, enter the details as required and move on to the next step.
- Now, continue with the installation by clicking the Yes button.
- You can click Skip to skip the activation process.
- Follow the steps on the screen to finish the installation process.
HP deskjet plus 4130 Two-sided Printing
The HP deskjet plus 4130 doesn’t support the Automatic Duplexing option. Therefore, you’ll have to manually flip the pages and insert the stack of papers into the Paper Tray.
You can refer the points below to see how to print on both sides of the document.
- First, open the document that you’d like to print and select the Printer Preferences menu by pressing Ctrl and P together.
- Then, select the name of your printer from the drop-down list.
- Next, select Printer Preferences, Printer Properties and Printer Setup.
- Now, go to the Printer Shortcut menu. In case the Printer Shortcut menu is not available, you can also select the Layout, Features or Finishing Tab.
- Then, go to the Print Manually section or select the Two-sided or Duplex printing menu from the window on the left.
- Next, select the Flip on Long Edge or Booklet option to print pages in the same orientation.
- If you select the Flip on Short Edge option, you can print pages in opposite orientation like in a flip book or notepad.
- Then, select the Print option.
- Now, the printer automatically draws the pages inside and prints them. Don’t remove the stack of papers from the Paper Tray until all the pages are printed.
- Once your deskjet plus 4130 has finished printing, remove the stack of papers from the output Tray.
- Then, remove the stack from the tray and turn the pages such that the left margin of the printed side faces your right side.
- Now, insert the stack into the Tray and press Continue.
The printer now prints on the other side of the sheets.
HP deskjet plus 4130 Paper Jam
Sometimes, your printer might show a Paper Jam Error even if there is no jam. Follow the steps below to clear any kind of Paper Jam.
- Try to remove the jammed paper from the printer manually. Press the Cancel button to automatically clear the Paper Jam.
- If that doesn’t work, check if the ink carriage can move freely.
- Remove the paper from the Paper Input Tray. Press the Cancel button thrice, then press the Start Copy Colour button seven times and then release the Power Button. This cleans the Paper Rollers.
- If the above step doesn’t work, press the Cancel button thrice, then press the Start Copy Colour button eight times and then release the Power Button.
- In case the above step doesn’t work, clean the paper rollers manually.
- If that doesn’t work either, reset the printer.
- In case none of the above steps work, service the printer.