- HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer is the multi-functional type of Printer that facilitates the Larger Printing. It can make A3 size Printing and prescribed size scanning and faxing. Like other Officejet Pro Printers this Officejet Pro 6831 Printer also provides easy mobile Printing using the HP Smart app. With the help of HP smart app you can connect directly your mobile phone to your Printer without the network connection.
- This HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer makes the double sided Printing with the help of automatic document feeder.In Duplexing mode, all the officejet Pro Printers prints both the side and conserves up to 50% in paper.
- It can produce the attractive images and content with the highly potential links. You can login to 123.hp.com/setup 6831 to download the driver software for your HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer.
123.hp.com/setup 6831 – Printer Unpacking
- Open the upper side of the cardboard box and take away the Installation CD, power cord, flyer and user guide. Now on keeping the Printer packed box on its back side, hold the sides of the box and take out your HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer using the transparent plastic cover. Remove the stuffing caps on the printer’s sides and tear the blue tapes to clear Transparent covering on the Printer, Printer’s touch screen and the control panel.
- Open the scanner lid, remove the Styrofoam paper on the scanner lid and close the scanner lid. Pull out the Ink cartridge access door and clear out all the packing materials and Transparent sheets. Remove all the packed materials from the Paper tray and adjust the paper width guide away from each other.
123.hp.com/setup 6831 – Driver Software Install
- The Printer driver software is the basic requirement for the Printer which enables printing by creating the transmission between the computer programs and the Printer. This driver software changes the documents in your computer to be understood by the Printer. You can login to 123.hp.com/setup 6831 or 123.hp.com/ojpro 6831 to download the driver software for your HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer. On that website, read the step by step instructions to complete driver installation process.This Printer driver software will vary based on your Printer, so carefully choose the driver from our official website. In case your device is not supported by your Printer , then it may lead to paper clog, spooler error and ink cartridge jam. This disturbs the whole setup and configuration.
123.hp.com/setup 6831 – Wireless connection
- You can connect your Printer to your device either by wired or wireless connection. The wireless connection setup enables the printing using the simple steps. For wireless connection setup, make sure that you have the SSID and the network password. Switch ON your Printer and check that your HP Printer and your device are connected to the same network. You should use dynamic IP address and 11b/g/n wireless router to make connection between the Printer and the computer. Login to 123.hp.com/setup 6831 to download the Printer driver software.
- Select your Network type and choose Yes. Now check that you have connected the USB cable, if so disconnect the USB cable . Now your system will instruct you to connect the USB again, then reconnect the USB cable .
- Switch ON your Printer device and use the printer’s control panel for the next step.Next, on your Printer’s control panel.
- Then, select the network menu and choose your wireless network, wireless network wizard.
- From that choose your network name and type the password. After you complete this step, you will automatically get connected to the network.
Configuration Of HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer
- Switch ON the Printer. Now fit one end of the Power cord to the power supply and the other end to the Printer’s rear part. Choose your Preferred language on the Printer’s control panel and click Confirm.
- Now the Printer asks you to choose between the Product tour and Setup Process. Then select the Setup Process because Product tour is just a Brochure listing advantages provided by your Printer.
- Next roll off the numbers now to set your date and the time. This completes the primary initialization of the Printer. Then, remove the Plastic covering above the cartridge, transparent covering on the copper colored contacts and the orange colored cap behind the ink cartridge.
- After this, open the Ink cartridge placement area by pulling the cutout on its side and fit the cartridge based on the color. Once check that the cartridge is inserted properly and redo the same process for installing the other three cartridges.
- Then shut the cartridge door so that your Printer begins to check the genuineness of the inserted cartridges and asks you to load the unused paper. Next, pull out the input tray, adjust the paper width guides and load the bundle of papers. Close the tray and touch Done.
- After you touched the Done option, your Printer will display a message “Getting Printer Ready” for about 10 minutes. This time is used by the Officejet Pro 6831 Printer to charge the ink cartridge. Your Printer will now print a test page followed by the display of Calibration Successful message.
After you finish the Printer setup and connection processes, you can login to 123.hp.com/setup 6831 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6831 for downloading the driver software for your HP Printer.
Steps to clear the Printing issues after Windows 10 Upgrade
- Once check that you have installed the pending windows update and they have started to function.
- Now in the search window type change device Installation and give a search. Then select Change device Installation from list of result.
- In the important updates drop down menu, select install updates. From the result of this windows update select windows updates 123.hp.com/ojpro6831 in the control panel setting.
- Then you can use the free HP print and Scan Doctor to clear all the Printing, scanning and firewall problems.
- Now if you are unable to clear the Printer related issues, choose the network from the Troubleshoot Firewalls. Then select your enabled firewall software (in Enable status) and disable it.
- Next check the services running on the windows to check if the Print spooler is running. If the Print spooler not running , start them.
- Next in windows, search view local services an d select that view local services control panel from the list.
- The service window will now open. From the list of result locate the Print spooler.
- Check if the Spooler status is stopped, then right click the Print spooler and select Start.
- When the Spooler status starts, right click the Printer spooler and choose Restart. Now you have modified the status, so make a trial Print again.
HP Smart App for Officejet Pro 6831
- HP Smart App available in all mobile devices serves as the multi-functional and pocket -friendly app. This App helps your HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer in printing, scanning, faxing and sharing the documents. This HP Printers connected by the wireless network also supports the HP Smart App Windows 10 document. This document enables Printing by Prompting your mobile device to check the status of your HP Officejet Pro Printer when both are at distant place.
- Now to get this HP Smart App, login to the HP official website and click the App for download .
- Then to install the app, click start, Agree to the terms and choose your 123.hp.com/setup6831 HP Printer.
- Now you can simply click Print from your HP smart app enabled Android phone to print the photos and document in your HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer .
123.hp.com/setup 6831 – Other Features
- Officejet Pro 6831 Printer provides you Professional Printouts at cheaper rates. The Thermal Inkjet used in the Printing method enables the Professional high speed printing of documents and causes reduction in cost than the Laser Printer.
- This Officejet Pro 6831 can make automatic two sided Printing in A4 size or letter size papers under the Duplexing mode .Also this Printer is designed with built-in Ethernet potential for connecting your device to the network .
- This Printer supports the scanning of all types of file formats like PDF, JPEG, TIFF, BMP and PNG allowing the Borderless Printing up to A3 size.
- HP Officejet Pro 6831 Printer makes the users more comfortable in terms of money, speed and time by giving highly efficient Printing.
123.hp.com/setup 6831 – HP Officejet Pro Assistance
- When you don’t install the driver software properly, then it may result in spooler error, paper clog, paper jam error and ink-cartridge clog. You should carefully select the driver software for your Printer since the Driver software will vary based on the Printers. Then you can login to HP support website support.hp.com for assistance .You can follow the step-by-step instructions of this official website for solving your HP Printer issues.