- HP Deskjet 3540 all-in-one Printer driver setup instructions and troubleshooting tips.
- Get expert assistance on printer troubleshooting and setup from Driver Download. We’re only a call away!. The HP Deskjet 3540 is a compact all-in-one wireless printer that will satisfy small-scale printing needs.
- It’s quiet and doesn’t take much time or effort to be setup. The printer also became a hit amongst users for its easy maintenance.
- Since the printer is wireless, you can also get the benefit of a number of Web Services that let you print documents remotely.
HP Deskjet 3540 Specifications
- Printing speed (black): up to 28 ppm
- Printing speed (colour): up to 21 ppm
- Paper Input Tray capacity: 150 sheets
- Paper Output Tray capacity: 50 sheets
HP Deskjet Features
HP Deskjet 3540-Features
- HP Deskjet 3540 – Unboxing
- HP Deskjet 3540-Switching on the Printer
- HP Deskjet 3540-Installing ink cartridges
- HP Deskjet 3540- Printer Alignment
- First, open the printer box and remove the manuals and user guides.Then, take the printer out of the cardboard box.
- Now, lower the Paper Output Tray on the front panel and use the handle to open the ink cartridge access area.
- Take out all the packaging materials and the cardboard inside the printer. Then, set the cardboard box aside for recycling.
- First, take the power cord and plug one end into the rear of the printer.
- Next, plug the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Press the power button to switch on the printer.
- You must wait until the printer doesn’t make any noise to install the ink cartridges.
- First, lower the paper tray and open the ink cartridge access area.Once you’ve inserted the cartridges, close the ink cartridge access area.
- Take the ink cartridge out of the wrapper and peel away the orange tapes on the copper-coloured contacts.
- Next, wait until the ink cartridge access area reaches the center.Open the cartridge lock-lever lid and insert the cartridge into the slot according to its colour.
- Next, close the lock-lever lid and insert the remaining cartridge in the same way.
- First, raise the Paper Input Tray.Slide the paper width guides away from each other and insert the stack of papers into the tray.
- Then, take a stack of plain papers and align them on a hard surface.
- Next, adjust the paper width guides such that they touch the edge of the stack while also making sure that it doesn’t fold or damage the papers.
- Then, lower the Paper Output Tray and pull out the paper extender.
HP Deskjet 3540 Wireless Setup & Driver Installation
- First, switch on your computer and connect it to the Wireless network. Then, open any browser on your system and go to Wireless Setup and Driver Installation.
- Make sure that you’ve disconnected all the USB cables from your printer. Once the system has downloaded the software, click on it to open it.
- When the system asks you to select the name of your printer, select the “My Printer is not Shown” option.
- Next, choose a connection method and select Wireless method.
- Then, select Continue to continue with the Installation process.
HP Deskjet 3540 -Troubleshoot
HP Deskjet 3540-Troubleshoot
- HP Deskjet 3540- Printer Offline (Windows)
- HP Deskjet 3540- Not Printing Colour or Black
- HP Deskjet 3540- Printer not connecting to Wi-Fi
- First, go to HP’s support website and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Then, open the software and select the name of your printer.
- Next, click Yes if you see a screen that asks you to update your software drivers.
- If the software asks you to set your printer as the default printer, click Yes.
- Next, try to print using your Deskjet 3540 printer. If the printer offline issue still persists, continue to the next step.
- Set HP Deskjet 3540 as your default printer manually.
- If this problem still continues, contact us to get your issue resolved.
- Check if you’ve installed genuine HP Ink cartridges. You can go to the HP Anti-Counterfeit website to check if your cartridges are genuine.
- Next, check if there is sufficient ink in your cartridge.
- If you find any cartridge with less ink, replace it with a new one.
- Then, the printers align the ink cartridges and print an alignment page.
- Open the scanner glass lid and place the alignment sheet print-side down on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner glass lid and press the Start Copy Black Button.
- If your HP Deskjet 3540 Printer refuses to connect to Wi-Fi, follow the steps below.
- Check if Wireless Direct is switched on and switch it off.
- To switch off or on Wireless Direct you must press the Wireless button and Resume button at the same time.
- If the Wi-Fi Direct is turned off you’ll see that the icon in the display is turned off.
- You can also connect to the network using USB and then convert the connection to Wireless to see if the system can print.
- If the above the step doesn’t solve the problem, then try to download and connect the software using HP Auto-Wireless connect.
- If you’re still facing issues with the connection, you must get your printer serviced.
HP Deskjet 3540 How to Print
HP Deskjet 3540 How to Copy
- Before you start printing documents using your HP Deskjet 3540 printer, make sure that you’ve loaded paper into the Paper Input Tray.
- First, open the document on your system and select Print.Then, check if your printer is selected.
- Next, open the Printer Properties Dialog Box.Next, open the Printer Properties Dialog Box.
- This dialog box goes by various names like Preferences, Printer, Printer Properties, Printer Setup, or Printer.
- Then, select the appropriate options on Printing Shortcuts tabs.Next, click OK to close the Printer Properties Dialog box.Then, click Print to begin printing.
- First, load paper into the Paper Tray if it’s empty. Next, open the scanner glass lid.
- Then, load the document that you’d like to copy, print-side down on the scanner glass.
- Press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Colour button to get started with the copying process.
- If you’d like to take multiple copies, just press the copy button multiple times.
- The printer will start the copying job two minutes after the last button press.
HP Deskjet 3540 How to Scan
- Before beginning the Scan process, make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed the full feature software drivers from Deskjet Scanner. Follow the steps below to scan the document
- First, open the scanner glass lid and place the document print-side down. Click Scan on the printer software and select “Scan Document or Photo”
- Next, select the type of scan that you require and select Save to save the scan.
- You can choose between save as JPEG or save as PDF.
- Once the printer has scanned the document, the scanned file automatically opens in the desktop.
HP Deskjet 3540 Scan Document to e-mail
- Load your document on the scanner glass lid. Next, open the HP Printer software on your desktop.
- If you can’t find it on your desktop you’ll have to manually search for it in Programs or Apps, depending on the operating system version that you’re using.
- Next, click Scan and then click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Then, select the type of scan that you’d require and click Scan.
- Lastly, choose E-mail as PDF or E-mail as JPEG from the right tab to open your scanned file in your e-mail.