123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Connectivity
The HP envy printer deals with many connections method. They are Wireless connection, USB connections, Wi-Fi direct connection method. Some of the connectivity methods not supported by the HP envy 5540 printers are wired connection, HP Smart app and Near field communication(NFC). The connection method are given detail are as follows. Make sure you download the printer software only from 123.hp.com/envy5540.
1. Wireless connection
- Setup the printer in a wireless network. Make sure that all the printers are computers are connected on the same network.
- When you are connecting the printer, enter the wireless network name known as Service Set Identifier and a wireless network password.
- The wireless network name should be the name of your wireless network. The wireless password is the WEP key or WPA passphrase
- You can find it on the backside of your wireless router if it has not been changed since setting up your wireless network
- To setup the wireless communication, use the Wireless Setup Wizard from control panel display. Touch wireless icon in the control panel.
- Touch the SettingsàWireless Setup Wizard and follow the instructions on screen to complete the setup
- Download the printer software from 123.hp.com/envy5540 and follow the instructions that appear online.
2. USB connection
- To setup your printer using the USB cable, install the software from 123.hp.com/envy5540 and connect the computer to the printer directly. A wireless network 802.11 b/g/n with a wireless router is needed.
- Use the USB cable to connect your printer to the computer before the printer prompts you to disconnect the USB cable
- Make sure that your printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network to install the printer.
- Follow any one given method to open the printer software that you have downloaded from 123.hp.com/envy5540 based on the operating system you use. Right-click on the empty area of the screen if you use the Windows operating system, click All apps in the app bar and click the printer’s icon
- In windows 7, windows vista and windows XP, click Start, select All Programs, click HP, click HP ENVY 5540 series.
- Select the Printer setup & Software. Choose Convert a USB connected printer to wireless. Follow the instructions onscreen.
3. Wi-Fi Direct connection
With the help of Wi-Fi Direct connection, devices with Wi-Fi capability like computers, smartphones, tablets and more. Your printer should be connected to the Wi-Fi directly. Follow the steps to complete the setup successfully.
Connecting to Wi-Fi direct
- Switch on the wireless direct using your control panel. From the home screen, click the Wireless Direct icon and touch the Settings if the wireless direct is turned off or the lights are off on the Wireless direct icon. Touch the Wireless Direct and click ON with no security or with security
- Remember the wireless direct name and password if your wireless direct is secured with the password. Touch the wireless direct icon for more settings. Click the Display Name button to display the wireless direct name of your printer. To display the wireless direct password, click the Display password.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi connection, search for and connect to the wireless direct name, such as HP-Print-**-ENVY-5540
- Enter the wireless direct password when prompted if you have a wireless direct is secured. Print a photo or a document as you normally do from your computer or mobile device.
123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Physical Dimension
The physical dimensions of the HP envy 5540 printer consists of the height, width, depth and weight as all the printers have.
The height of the HP envy printer is 161 millimeter and in other words it is 6.3 inches which makes it more comfortable
The width of the HP envy printer is 454 millimeter and in other words it is 17.8 inches as the paper has to be inserted in a wide range.
The depth of the printer with the input tray extended is 503 millimetre and 19.8 inches When the printer tray is not extended it is 410 mm and 16.1 inches.
The weight of the HP envy 5540 printers are 6.82 kg and in other words 15 pounds
123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Control Panel Display
Before setting up the printer, review the information about the printer for easier handling of the printer as your printer control panel consists of icons which makes it to easier access.
The types of the HP printer control panel displays are LED-backlit and high resolution touch screen. The dimensions are categorized into diagonal, length and height.
The diagonal of the HP printer control panel display is 101.6 millimeter and in other words it is 4.0 inches. The length of the printer control panel display is 90.42 millimeter and in other words it is 3.56 inches. The height of the control panel display is 47.50 millimeter and 1.87 inches. .
The control panel display consists of the black and white color. The special features of the control panel is the Anti glare finish as it does not glare.
123 HP Envy 5540 Mobile Printing Solutions and Web Services
The HP envy printer supports mobile printing solutions such as HP ePrint, HP ePrint app, HP print service Plugin for Android and Kindle devices, Apple AirPrint and Mopria print service. The supported Web Services HP Printables and Scheduled Delivery Printables
1. 123 HP Envy 5540 Printer ePrint
HP ePrint is a service provided in a secure manner and it is cloud-based to print using an active internet connection. Use the email to send your printer to print directly. Read the below procedure to setup the HP ePrint
- Gather some of the requirements before the initialization setup. You will not be able to print if you do not acquire all the requirements.
- You have to disable the USB connection otherwise your printer will not print using the HP ePrint service.
- The printer you are using should support the HP ePrint service. As for HP envy 5540 printer, it supports the ePrint service. So move on to the next steps.
- By visiting hpconnected.com sign up to HP connected account to view your ePrint job status and manage your ePrint queue.
- Make sure your printer is connected to an active network providing internet access. Turn on the web services
Print using ePrint
- you need to download the full feature software driver from 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer.
- Touch the ePrint icon on the Home screen and touch the Web Services settings menu and touch Display Email address to find your printer email address.
- Create a new email and attach the document to print to email your document to the printer. Now the email should be sent to the printer email address. The attached document will be printed by the printer.
- Check the requirements for print using ePrint. Initially the printer address in the TO: field only. Other email address should be in the Cc: field. A blank email subject line will lead to HP ePrint error or it will cancel the print job. Open office files are not supported. Printing on both sides is not supported.
2.123 HP Envy 5540 Printer ePrint Mobile app
HP ePrint app is an mobile application to use the ePrint. HP ePrint App allows you to print on any supported HP printer connected on the same wireless network. The HP ePrint app is retired for Apple iOS devices. Using the HP ePrint app, print photos or documents. You can also print using the cloud services like google drive and Dropbox from wherever you are with the help of an active internet connection.
- A mobile device with Android OS version 4.0 and later versions or Amazon fire OS with 4.1- 4x and 5.1 or 5x or later versions.
- Using the Wi-Fi settings on your smartphone, connect to a wireless network. Make sure the wireless signal is switched on and the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device.
HP ePrint App Installation
- Download and install the HP ePrint app from the Google Play Store on your device. The HP ePrint app home screen displays and follow the prompts that appear on the screen
- Tap Grant permission,Add Cloud Account, or Add Email Account to access files, social media and cloud accounts.
Print using HP ePrint App
- Open the app and tap on Files, to print a document using HP ePrint app. Select the document to print and print preview displays. Tap Edit to modify the file using editing tools or print settings on the preview screen and tap Done
- Open the app and tap Photos or Recent Photos to print photo saved on your mobile device. Select the photo to print and the Preview displays. Tap Edit Print Edit to modify the file using editing tools or print settings on the preview screen and tap Done
- To print email, sign in to your email account and choose the email to print from the HP ePrint app. Open the HP ePrint app and click Email to enter your email address and password. Choose the email to print and view the preview. Select the email to print and view the print preview. Tap Edit Print Edit to modify the file using editing tools or print settings on the preview screen and tap Done
- To print a webpage using HP ePrint app, choose the web page to print and open the app and tap Web. Tap print or preview depending on your smart device. Tap Edit Print Edit to modify the file using editing tools or print settings on the preview screen and tap Done
- To print a cloud account, choose the file to print and open the HP ePrint app and tap Cloud. Tap print or preview depending on your smart device. Tap Edit Print Edit to modify the file using editing tools or print settings on the preview screen and tap Done.
3.123 HP Envy 5540 Printer AirPrint
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution that comes with Apple iOS v4.2 and above versions. Use your iPad, iPhone or iPhone to connect to the wireless network. The HP Printers released after 2010 will support AirPrint.
- You should have an Apple device with version iOS 4.2 and above version
- Check whether your printer and Apple devices are connected in the same network or Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct should be supported by your Printer
Print using Apple AirPrint
- Switch on the printer and open the file to print. Click the Action icon which displays menu option.
- Click Print or the print icon and click Select Printer to select your printer from the list. Change the settings by clicking Options menu.
4.123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Print Service plugin
The HP Print Service plugin allows you to print from your smart android devices. Print to the HP printer in a Wi-Fi network or a Wi-Fi direct connection for printer. Follow the below procedure to setup the HP Print Service plugin on your Android Smart phones or tablets.
HP Print service plugin installation
- Install the HP Print service plugin on your Android Smart phone or tablet. You should have a mobile device with Android OS 4.4 or later version downloaded from the Google Play store. after you install the HP Print Service plugin, switch on the plugin
- Based on your Android version and device manufacturer, the menus, icons and location of the print setting may be different from one or more devices
- Android device is on the same network as your printer and make sure that the Wi-Fi direct is enable on your printer and android device.
- Install or update the HP Print Service Plugin from the google play store on your Android device.
- the service will be automatically enable after installation if you have Android devices with 7.0 and later version,. You can skip to the next step that is Print using the HP Print Service plugin
- Tap to the dashboard and find the HP Inc. service installed if you are installing first time. Update the HP Print Service Plugin and click Settings à More,More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharingà Print or Printing
- Click ON after clicking the HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc. and turn off the unnecessary plugins
Print using HP Print Service Plugin
- Click the photo or document that you want to print and click the menu icon and click Click the down arrow to see the list of printer and select your printer from the available printers.
- Click the down arrow to modify any print settings and click the
5.123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Mopria Print Service
Mopria print service is a mobile application available in the Google play store for free. Print the documents, web pages and emails using your Android device in your HP printer.
- Setup the printer hardware and have a mobile Android device with OS 4.0 or above.
- Connect your printer to a wireless or wired network with an active internet connection and you printer should be connected in the same network as your Android device It is recommended to keep the devices within the range of the printer.
Print using Mopria
- Install the Mopria print service plugin from the Google play store. To turn on the service choose any one method.
- If you are installing for the first time, swipe down the home screen to view the dash board. You will find the Mopria print service Tap to enable the service plugin notification.
- If you are updating the service plugin, tap Settings, tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing
- Tap the Mopria print service to tap it on.
123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Paper Handling Specification
123 HP Envy 5540 Printers Environmental Specifications
Read the below given article to know about the correct paper types and sizes and overloading the printer. Some of the paper handling specifications are paper tray capacity, supported paper sizes, envelopes, photo paper, cards, labels, custom sizes and print margins.
Checking your environmental specification and setting up it for your printer is an important part of the printer setup. You have to follow the particular parameters given here to work with your 5540 envy printer. Misleading of the below information could damage your printer.
123 HP Envy 5540 Printer System Requirements
The system requirements of the HP envy 5540 printers depends on the operating system to review the information about the minimum and recommended system requirements to print from your printer in an effective manner.
123 HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges
123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Management
123 HP Envy 5540 Printer
Embedded Web Server is the web-based tool to manage the printer. To know more about the embedded web server, read the following article.