HP Envy 5530 Printer Connectivity
The HP connectivity deals with the wireless, wireless Direct, Ethernet and USB. As the Ethernet connectivity is not supported by the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printers, the below given information consist of the wireless, wireless direct and USB Connection.
- The wireless connection requires 802.11 b/g/n network that includes a wireless router or access point. You need a computer or laptop with wireless networking support or network interface card(NIC). A computer with the active wireless network is needed.
- It is recommended to use the broadband internet connection like cable or DSL. It is also recommended to use a wireless router with DHCP if you connect the HP ENVY 5530 printer on a wireless network.
- The network name called the Service Set Identifier and the WEP key or WPA passphrase commonly known as password is needed.
- Connecting to Wireless setup
- Enter your network name that is the Service Set Identifier and the WEP key or WPA passphrase.
- Start the wireless setup wizard. Touch the Wireless icon in the Home screen and click the
- Then click the Wireless setup wizard to connect to wireless network you have to choose your network from the available network list.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install the software from 123.hp.com/envy5530 and complete the wireless connection setup successfully.
- If you are connecting your printer for the first in a wireless network connection, then follow the steps given here according to your computer system. If you use Windows 8, right-click on an empty area in the start screen and click All Apps on the app bar and click the icon with the printer’s name. In Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP, click the All ProgramsàHPàHP Envy 5530 and again click HP ENVY 5530 series
- Select the printer Setup & software. Choose connect a new printer and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
2. Wireless Direct
Wireless direct help you to connect your printer with Wi-Fi devices like computers, smartphones, mobile devices and more. Connect your printer directly using Wi-Fi by the process you use to connect your Wi-Fi devices to new wireless networks.
Connecting to Wi-Fi direct
- In the control panel, turn on the wireless direct. Click the Wireless Direct icon from the Home screen. Touch Settings if the Wireless Direct displays off. Touch Wireless Direct and click ON with no security or with security.
- Make note of the wireless direct name and password if your wireless direct is secured. Touch the wireless direct icon. To display the wireless direct name ,click the Display Name and to display the wireless direct password, click the Display password.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi connection, search for and connect to the wireless direct name, such as HP-Print-**-ENVY-5530
- Enter the wireless direct password when prompted if you have a wireless direct is secured. Print a photo or a document as you normally do from your computer or mobile device.
3.USB connection Requirements
- Setup your printer and install the software fom 123.hp.com/envy5530with a USB Cable connecting the printer to the computer directly. You need a wireless 802.11 b/g/n network with a wireless router.
- Connect your printer to the computer using the USB Cable before you are prompted to disconnect the cable.
- Check whether your printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network to install the printer on after downloading the software from 123.hp.com/envy5530.
Connecting a USB Connection
- Choose any one of the following to open the printer software based on your operating system. If you use Windows , right click on the empty area of the screen, click All Apps on the app bar and click the icon with printer’s name.
- In windows 7, windows vista and windows XP, click Start, select All Programs, click HP, click HP ENVY 5530 series.
- Select the Printer setup & Software. Choose Convert a USB connected printer to wireless. Follow the instructions onscreen.
HP Envy 5530 Printer Physical Dimension
The physical dimension of the printer consist of four measurements. Height, width, depth and Weight are the physical dimensions of the printer. The measurements of the dimensions are given below.
The height of the HP envy 5530 printer is 125 millimeter or 4.87 inches
The width of the HP envy 5530 printers are 443 mm or 17.44 inches
The depth of the HP envy 5530 printers are 336 millimeter or 13.25 inches when the door is open and 368 millimeter or 145 inches
The weight of the HP envy 5530 printers are 5.56 kilograms or 12.27 lbs.
HP Envy 5530 Printers Mobile Solutions and Web Services
The mobile printing solutions supported by HP envy 5530 are categorized into three divisions. The first one is the HP Printing Apps and cloud Services. The second one is the Smartphone and Tablet Built-in Printing solutions. The third one is the other printing solutions provided by the printers.
HP ePrint, HP ePrint App and Wireless direct are the HP Printing Apps and cloud services . The Amazon fire devices, Apple AirPrint and the HP Print Service Plugin for Android comes under the Smartphone and Tablet Built-in Printing solutions. The other printing solutions supported by the HP envy 5530 printers are the Google cloud print, Mopria, Samsung Print service plugin and windows 10 mobile. The following information consists of the mobile solutions in detail.
1. HP ePrint
HP ePrint is a free service to print from anywhere with an active internet connection and it is a secure service and cloud-based. You can send your documents to the printer using email to print the document directly in the printer. Follow the guidelines for a proper ePrint setup.
- Disable the USB Connection in your printer otherwise you print will not use the HP ePrint
- Make sure your printer supports the HP ePrint service by looking for the HP ePrint logo or icon in the printer surface or check the compatibility of the printer in the hp.support.com
- If you have printer without control panel , then go to Web Services Setup,Network Setup, or Wireless Settings. Find the web services on the menu.
- Your computer should have either a wired connection or wireless network connection.
- If your printer has a wired connection the green light in the Ethernet port should be solid and the orange light should be blinking when you connect the cable
- If your printer has a wireless communication, check whether the wireless feature is switched on and the printer is on the same network.
Turn on web services
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to enable the Web services.
- Follow the instruction on the ePrint information page after printing the page and sign up for the ePrint account using the instructions.
Email address of the printer
- Click the ePrint icon on the Home screen and see the Web service settings menu on the printer display.
- In the Web Service settings menu, you will notice the printer’s email address.
Print using ePrint
- Attach the document that you want to print after creating a new email.
- Send the email to the printer email address and the printer will print the prints attached to the document.
2. HP ePrint App
HP ePrint App is a mobile application to print using any supported HP printer connected on the same wireless network. Print photos or documents using the HP ePrint app you can also print using the cloud services with the help of an active internet connection.
- The Android mobile device should have Android OS with version 4.0 and above versions. If you have Amazon fire OS then the versions are 4.1 – 4.x and 5.1- 5.x or later.
- Make sure that you have connected to the wireless network by opening the Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device.
- The wireless signal should be turned on and check whether the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device.
- Download and install the HP ePrint app from the Google Play Store on your device. Choose your usage data preferences by clicking Done.
- The HP ePrint app home screen displays and follow the instructions that appear on the screen, tap Grant permission,Add Cloud Account, or Add Email Account to access files, social media and cloud accounts.
3. Amazon fire devices
Amazon fire tablets or smartphones helps to in your HP printer using a network or a Wi-Fi direct connection. Follow the steps to setup your Amazon fire devices. Amazon fire device use the Mopria Print Service which is a mobile printing standard supported by HP printers and Amazon fire devices.
- The printer hardware should be setup correctly for a proper functioning of you printer and amazon fire devices.
- Check whether the version of your amazon fire device is between OS 5.0 and 5.9
- Connect your printer to an active internet connection. The connection may be either wireless or wired connection and your printer should be connected on the same network as the amazon fire device
Print from Amazon fire device
- Select file that you wanted to print from the amazon fire device and click Print. The print preview screen display on your screen
- Click the down arrow to view the printers which are available on the current network and select your printer. Select the HP 5530 from the available printers in the list to print over a network. select DIRECT-XX-HP(with your printer model) from the list of printers available on the network to print over Wi-Fi direct.
- Click the down arrow to select the paper size of the paper loaded and modify any changes in your print settings and click the print icon
4. Apple AirPrint
Use the Apple AirPrint in your Apple iOS v4.2 and later operating systems to print from your Apple devices with the help of a wireless network
- iOS 4.2 and latest version on the Apple devices. Your printer should support the AirPrint. Printers released before 2010 do not support the HP AirPrint.
- Check whether your printer and Apple devices are connected in the same network or Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct should be supported by your Printer
Wireless Network connection
Disconnect the USB cable. As the envy 5530 printers has control panel display, select Setup, Network or Wireless Wireless Setup Wizard
Wi-Fi or HP Wireless direct connection setup
- Make sure the blue light next to Wi-Fi or HP Wireless direct button or an Wi-Fi direct/HP Wireless direct icon displays on the printer control panel
- Go to the control panel menu settings to press the Wi-Fi Direct/ HP Wireless direct button to search and touch Wi-Fi direct.
- Click Settings on your Apple iOS devices and tap Wi-Fi by choosing Wi-Fi and select your printer under the Choose a network menu.
Print from your Apple device
- check whether the printer is switched on and it is in ready state. Open the file to print and click the Action icon to display menu options. Click Print or the print icon and click Select Printer to select your printer from the list
- To change other setting you can click the Options menu and change settings like paper size and more
- Tap Print after selecting the number of copies that you want to print.
5. Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is a service to print any files to your printer through secured network. You need not install any special drivers or software from 123.hp.com/envy5530 to use the Google cloud print. Register to the Google’s cloud based printing service using the chrome browser. This is suitable for operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux or Chrome OS and android Smart devices.
Connecting to Google Print
- Using Chromebook or computer
Connect your Google cloud print using the Chrome browser. Turn on the computer and load the paper into the input tray. Open the chrome browser sign in to your Google account. Register your printer in the chrome devices using your account. Scroll through the Google Cloud Print and click the Manage button. Follow the instructions
- Using Android devices
Turn on the computer and load the paper in the main tray. Download the Cloud Print from the google store. Click Settings and type printing in search field. Click ON next to cloud print and click Cloud print. Click Add Printer to add a printer. Confirm the registration of your printer in the control panel and follow the instructions and print the instruction page.
6. Mopria Print Service
Mopria print service is a mobile application available in the Google play store for free. Print the documents, web pages and emails using your Android device in your HP printer.
- Setup the printer hardware and you need an Android device with OS 4.0 or above.
- Connect your printer to a wireless or wired network with an active internet connection and you printer should be connected in the same network as your Android device.
- As wireless signals are week at great distances, it is recommended to keep the devices within the range of the printer.
- Install the Mopria print service plugin from the Google play store. To turn on the service choose any one method.
- If you are installing for the first time, swipe down the home screen to view the dash board. You will find the Mopria print service Tap to enable the service plugin notification.
- If you are updating the service plugin, tap Settings, tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing
- Tap the Mopria print service to tap it on.
7. Samsung Print Service plugin
The Samsung print service plugin is available in the Google Play store to print documents, photos and webpages using you Android smartphone or tablet.
- Setup the printer hardware and connect your printer to the same wireless network as your Android mobile device.
- The Android OS required is OS 4.0 or later version
- Install the Samsung Service Plugin in the Google Play store. You can also update the app and choose one method to turn on the plugin
- If you are installing for the first time, swipe down the home screen to view the dashboard. You will find the Samsung Service Plugin service Tap to enable the service plugin notification.
- If you are updating the service plugin, tap Settings, tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing
- Tap the Samsung Service Plugin to tap it on.
HP Envy 5530 Environmental Specification
HP Envy 5530 Printer Power Specifications
The environmental specification for the printer is essential and to be checked even before setting up the printer hardware and software. Follow the environmental specification and start to work with your HP envy 5530 printer.
The input voltage information is given here in detail. Make sure you check the power specification of the HP envy 5530 printer before proceeding to use the printer. The requirements here depends on the country and region where it is sold.
HP Envy 5530 Printer Paper Handling Specifications
HP Envy 5530 Printer System Requirements
HP Envy 5530 Printer Printing Specifications
HP Envy 5530 Printers Ink Cartridges
The minimum system requirements is 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor and the recommended processor is 1.5 GHz either in 32 bit or 64 bit.
The drop-on demand thermal inkjet method is used which is categorized into inkjet printing technology where the print head ejects the drop only when it is needed. Within the print head, the drops are formed by the creation of a pressure pulse.