123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Connectivity
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printers provides connectivity options like the wired connection, wireless connection, USB connection and Wi-Fi direct connection. The 123.hp.com/ojpro6960 Printers does not support Near Field Communication(NFC).
1. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro Wired connection
- Check whether you have prepared for the driver installation by following the below given instructions.
- The requirement of the wired connection in 123.hp.com/ojpro6960 is 10/100 Base-TX.
- You should have a network router, switch, or hub with available Ethernet ports and check whether your computer is connected to the router or switch or hub
- If it not connected, connect the router and check whether you have made proper connections
- You should not use a standard telephone cable. It is recommended to use the Ethernet cable like the one given in figure
- Use the Ethernet cable to connect the printer and follow the guidelines.
- Turn on the printer and remove the plugs from the Ethernet port which is available on the rear of the printer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer port, and then connect the other end of the cable to an available port on the network router, switch, or hub.
- Download the best available print driver to complete the wired connection by visiting the website 123.hp.com/ojpro6960. Type the printer model HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Download HP Easy Start app or the app may automatically download based on your printer model.
- Choose the printer connection type when you are prompted by the printer. Select the wired or Ethernet connection as we are moving towards the wired connection setup.
- If the wired connection setup is successful and you need not continue with the remaining steps
- If the download gets failed, continue to the 123.hp.com/ojpro6960 and type your printer model. Check with the operating system compatibility and correct version of the operating system.
- Click Download which is visible next to the printer full feature driver in the Driver-Product Installation Software and follow the instructions that appear on the screen
- Follow the HP Download and Install Assistant or select Download only to save and run the driver file from your computer.
- Choose a printer connection setup as wired and try printing a self-test page or something to test the printer function and connectivity.
2. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro Wireless connection
- The wireless connection requires 11 b/g/n – 2.4 GHz networks only
- Setup the printer in a wireless network. Check whether the printer is computers are connected on the same network.
- Enter the wireless network name known as Service Set Identifier and a wireless network password to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- The wireless network name should be the name of your wireless network. The wireless password is the WEP key or WPA passphrase
- You can find it on the backside of you wireless router if it has not been change since setting up your wireless network
- To setup the wireless communication, use the Wireless Setup Wizard from control panel display. Touch wireless icon in the control panel.
- Touch the SetupàWirlesssSettingsàWireless Setup Wizard and follow the instructions on screen to complete the setup
- Click your network name in the network list and touch OK. If your network name is not available, click Enter New Network Name and follow the instructions to enter your network name.
- Type the WPA password and touch Done. Download the driver from 123.hp.com/6960 and install the software to complete the setup.
3. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro USB connection
- To setup your printer using the USB cable, install the software and connect the computer to the printer directly
- Use the USB cable with Hi-speed 2.0 to connect your printer with the computer before the printer prompts you to disconnect the USB cable
- Make sure that your printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network to install the printer.
- Follow any one given method to open the printer software based on the operating system you use. Right click on the empty area of the screen if you use the Windows operating system, click All apps in the app bar and click the printer’s icon.
- Turn on the printer and obtain a USB cable less than 3 m in length. Do not connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate.
- Disconnect the USB printer cable from the printer and search windows for ‘devices’. Click the Devices and Printers control panel settings in the results.
- Click Remove device by right clicking on the Devices and Printer.
4. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro Wi-Fi Direct connection
With the help of Wi-Fi Direct connection, devices with Wi-Fi capability like computers, smartphones, tablets and more. Your printer should be connected to the Wi-Fi directly. Follow the steps to complete the setup successfully.
Install the printer software which is provided along with the printer in your computer. Connect Wi-Fi Direct first and install the software if you are not installed.
Check whether Wi-Fi direct is turned on in your computer and you can use up to five computers and mobile devices in the same Wi-Fi direction.
Turn on the Wi-Fi direct on your mobile device and see the provided documentation for more information.
The list of printers available, choose the choose the Wi-Fi Direct name shown such as DIRECT-**-HP Office-et Pro 6960 (where ** are the unique characters to identify your printer and XXXX is the printer model located on the printer) to connect your mobile device.
The printer is connected successfully to your computer using the WiFI direct connection.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printers Control Panel Features
- Home button will help you to return to the Home screen
- Touch the touchscreen display to scroll through the menu items. You can also use your fingers to swipe across the display.
- To know about the status of the printer wireless connection, you can use the wireless status light. If a wire connection is established, a solid blue light is indicated so that you can print wirelessly.
- To display the instruction for Near field communication equipped mobile devices with the printer use the Near Field Communication button
- The Back button returns to the previous screen.
- Use the Help menu for the current operation.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro Control panel menu
- The Setup screen displays the screen to change the preferences, print reports and other network settings. You can also modify the maintenance settings.
- The Wireless icon opens the Wireless Summary menu to make sure that the wireless status are approximate. Use this option to change the wireless settings. Print a wireless test report which helps to diagnose network connection issues The wireless icon display by default if there is no network connection.
- The HP ePrint icon will help you check the ePrint status details by using the Web Services summary. You can modify ePrint settings, print Web Services information page.
- The Wi-Fi direct icon opens the Wi-Fi Direct menu to switch on the or Off the HP Wireless direct printing and displays the wireless direct name and password.
- The Ink icon displays the estimated ink levels by ink cartridge. The icon displays a warning symbol if the ink level is less than the minimum expected ink level
- The Fax status icon will help you to open the status information for Auto Answer function, fax logs, and the fax sound volume.
- The Eco icon open the Eco menu to configure some of the environmental features of the printer.
- The Copy Documents shortcut opens the Document copy to select a paper tray or to change the copy settings
- To open the Scan to USB menu to scan a document or photo to a USB drive, use the Scan to USB shortcut
- To open the ID card Copy menu to change settings and select the color either color or black and white using the Copy ID Card Shortcut
- To open a screen that dial screen the dial screen to quickly send a fax or modify the fax settings using the Send Fax Now Shortcut.
- Access the downloaded print apps using the Apps tab. It is the fastest way to utilize the print apps
- The Fax tab opens the Fax menu to set up faxing, send a fax or reprint a received fax.
- Print a photo or manage print jobs by using the Photo tab. The photo tab opens the photo tab menu
- Scan tab opens the Scan menu to scan to a network folder, a computer, or change scan settings
- The copy tab opens theCopy menu to copy a document, photo, or ID card
- The Shortcut button displays the control panel shortcuts.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer Mobile Solutions and Web Services
Read the following information to know about the mobile printing solutions and web services supported by the HP OfficeJet 6960 printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro Mobile Printing solutions
When you are using your mobile device to print, you can utilize some of the mobile printing options that are supported with your mobile device. Some of the mobile printing options that are supported is given below.
1. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro Smart app
The HP Smart App help you to connect to your wireless network using your mobile devices. Print, scan and capture files with your smart devices using your HP Smart app. The HP Smart app also known as the HP AiO Printer Remote App
- To install in Android device, Check whether your Android device is in the same wireless network as your printer and keep the android device near your router. Download and install the HP smart app from the google Play Store on your Android device.
- Open the app and tap Start and accept the terms and conditions. Tap to Continue. In the app home screen, tap the plus sign to search for the printers that are connected to the network Tap the printer in the list of printers connected to your wireless network.
- Click the Add Printer if you are connecting to a new printer and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- To install in apple iOS device, Make sure your printer is switched on and check whether your Apple iOS device is connected to the same wireless network as your printer. Download and install the HP smart app from the App store on your Apple iOS device.
- Click start and Accept the terms and conditions. Tap Continue to search for the printers that are connected to your network. The app automatically select your printer if you have one printer already connected to the wireless network.
Otherwise tap the plus sign to connect a new printer and follow the instruction that appear on the screen
2. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro ePrint
HP ePrint is a free cloud-based and secured service which helps you to print from anywhere with an active internet connection. Send your documents to the printer using email and your printer will print the document directly. To know more about the HP ePrint setup, go through the below article
- Before initializing the setup, you have to gather some of the requirements. If you do not acquire all the below given requirements, then you will not be able to print using the HP ePrint.
- Disable the USB connection otherwise your printer will not print using the HP ePrint service.
- Sign up to HP connected account by visiting hpconnected.com to view your ePrint job status and manage your ePrint queue.
- Check whether your printer is connected to an active network providing internet access. Turn on the webs services
Print using ePrint
- To find your printer email address, touch the ePrint icon on the Home screen and touch the Web Services settings menu and touch Display Email address.
- To email your document to the printer, create a new email and attach the document to print. Now the email should be sent to the printer email address. The attached document will be printed by the printer.
- Check the requirements for print using ePrint. Initially the printer address in the TO: field only. Other email address should be in the Cc: field. A blank email subject line will lead to HP ePrint error or it will cancel the print job. Open office files are not supported. Printing on both sides is not supported.
3. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro ePrint Mobile app
HP ePrint App is a mobile application which allows you to print any supported HP printer connected on the same wireless network. The HP ePrint app is retired for Apple iOS devices. Print photos or documents using the HP ePrint app. You can also print using the cloud services like google drive and Dropbox from wherever you are with the help of an active internet connection.
- You should have a mobile device with Android OS version 4.0 and later versions or Amazon fire OS with 4.1- 4x and 5.1 or 5x or later versions.
- Connect to a wireless network using the Wi-Fi settings on your smartphone. Check whether the wireless signal is switched on and the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device.
- Download and install the HP ePrint app from the Google Play Store on your device. choose the data usage preferences by clicking Done.
- The HP ePrint app home screen displays and follow the prompts that appear on the screen, tap Grant permission,Add Cloud Account, or Add Email Account to access files, social media and cloud accounts.
4. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro AirPrint
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution that comes with Apple iOS v4.2 and above versions. Use your iPad, iPhone or iPhone to connect to the wireless network. The HP Printers released after 2010 will support AirPrint.
- You should have an Apple device with version iOS 4.2 and above version
- Check whether your printer and Apple devices are connected in the same network or Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct should be supported by your Printer
Print from your Apple device
- Turn on the printer and open the file to print. Click the Action icon which displays menu option.
- Click Print or the print icon and click Select Printer to select your printer from the list. Change the settings by clicking Options menu
5. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro Mopria Print Service
Mopria print service is a mobile application available in the Google play store for free. Print the documents, web pages and emails using your Android device in your HP printer.
- Setup the printer hardware and have a mobile Android device with OS 4.0 or above.
- Connect your printer to a wireless or wired network with an active internet connection and you printer should be connected in the same network as your Android device It is recommended to keep the devices within the range of the printer.
Print using Mopria
- Install the Mopria print service plugin from the Google play store. To turn on the service choose any one method.
- If you are installing for the first time, swipe down the home screen to view the dash board. You will find the Mopria print service Tap to enable the service plugin notification.
- If you are updating the service plugin, tap Settings, tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing
- Tap the Mopria print service to tap it on.
6. 123 HP OfficeJet Pro Print Service plugin
The HP Print Service plugin allows you to print from your smart android devices. Print to the HP printer in a Wi-Fi network or a Wi-Fi direct connection for printer. Follow the below procedure to setup the HP Print Service plugin on your Android Smart phones or tablets.
- Install the HP Print service plugin on your Android Smart phone or tablet. You should have a mobile device with Android OS 4.4 or later version downloaded from the Google Play store. after you install the HP Print Service plugin, switch on the plugin
- Based on your Android version and device manufacturer, the menus, icons and location of the print setting may be different from one or more devices
- Android device is on the same network as your printer and make sure that the Wi-Fi direct is enable on your printer and android device.
- Install or update the HP Print Service Plugin from the google play store on your Android device.
- the service will be automatically enable after installation if you have Android devices with 7.0 and later version,. You can skip to the next step that is Print using the HP Print Service plugin
- Tap to the dashboard and find the HP Inc. service installed if you are installing first time. Update the HP Print Service Plugin and click Settings à More,More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharingà Print or Printing
- Click ON after clicking the HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc. and turn off the unnecessary plugins
Supported web services
The HP OfficeJet 6960 printer supports some of the web services like HP eprint , HP Instant Ink and HP Print Apps.
The HP Instant Ink is an ink cartridge replacement service. You can enroll to this service to participate. The printer will send the ink level information to the HP. HP will replace the ink cartridges when the printer sends the low ink level information.
To enroll, you need an internet connection, email address, a credit or debit card and an eligible printer. Visit the link https://instantink.hpconnected.com/ to check whether your country/region supports HP Instant Ink. Find your country/region and language by clicking on the country/region and language.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer Management Tools
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer Printing Specification
The printer management tool is available in two different ways based on your operating systems. Toolbox in Windows and HP Utility in OS X. The printer has the Embedded Web server which will help you to access the print features using a wireless or wired network connection.
To know more about the printing specification of the HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 printer, review the below given information. The information consists of the device language, duplexer method, print speed and print methods that are available.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer System Requirements
The printer is compatible with Mac operating system versions like OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks The minimum free disk space required is 1GB, the USB port minimum requirement is Hi-speed USB and other requirement is the internet access