123.hp.com/setup 7400 – 123 HP Officejet 7400 Printer Connectivity
Review the following information to use any one connectivity methods supported by the HP Officejet 7400 printers. The connection methods supported are wired or Ethernet connection, wireless connection, USB connection. Wi-Fi Direct connection and the near field communication(NFC) are not supported by the 123.hp.com/oj7400 or 123.hp.com/setup 7400 printer.
1. Wired connection
Make sure that you have prepared for the driver installation by following the instructions given below.
- Use only the Ethernet cable to connect the printer and follow the guidelines.
- Then, turn on the printer and remove the plugs from the Ethernet port which is available on the rear of the printer.
- Next, connect the Ethernet cable to the printer port, and then connect the other end of the cable to an available port on the network router, switch, or hub.
- Now, download the printer driver to complete the wired connection by visiting the website 123.hp.com/oj7400 or 123.hp.com/setup 7400.
- Then, type the printer model HP Officejet 7400 and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Then, choose the printer connection type when you are prompted by the printer.
- Next, select the wired or Ethernet connection.
- In case the wired connection setup is successful, you need not continue with the remaining steps.
- Check the operating system compatibility and correct version of the operating system.
- Then, click Download which is visible next to the printer full feature driver in the Driver-Product Installation Software.
- Now, follow the HP Download and Install Assistant or select Download only to save and run the driver file from your computer.
- Then, choose a printer connection setup as wired and try printing a self test page to test the printer function and connectivity.
2. Wireless connection
- 802.11 b/g/n – 2.4 GHz network is required for the wireless connection and also setup the printer in a wireless network.
- First, make sure that the printer is connected on the same network as the computer.
- Then, enter the wireless network name and a wireless network password to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- The wireless password is the WEP key or WPA passphrase.
- You can also find it on the backside of you wireless router if it has not been change since you first setup your printer .
- To setup the wireless communication, use the Wireless Setup Wizard from control panel display.
- Then, touch wireless icon in the control panel.
- Now, touch the Setup Wirelesss Settings.
- Then, tap the Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the instructions on screen to complete the setup.
- Now, click your network name in the network list and touch OK.
- In case your network name is not available, click Enter New Network Name and follow the instructions to enter your network name.
- Then, type the WPA password and touch Done.
- Download the driver from 123.hp.com/oj7400 and install the software to complete the setup.
3. USB connection
- Setup your printer using the USB cable. Install the software and connect the computer to the printer directly.
- Use the USB cable with Hi-speed 2.0 to connect your printer with the computer before the printer prompts you to disconnect the USB cable.
- First, make sure that your printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network to install the printer.
- Then, follow any one given method to open the printer software based on the operating system you use.
- Now, right click on the empty area of the screen. if you use the Windows operating system, click All apps in the app bar and click the printer’s icon.
- Then, turn on the printer and obtain a USB cable less than 3 m in length.
- Do not connect through a USB hub or docking station as the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate.
- Then, disconnect the USB printer cable from the printer and search windows for ‘devices’.
- Next, click the Devices and Printers control panel settings in the results.
- Lastly, click Remove device by right clicking on the Devices and Printers.
4. Wi-Fi Direct connection
Your printer should be connected to the Wi-Fi directly. Follow the steps to complete the 123.hp.com/oj7400 printer setup successfully.
- First, install the printer software which is provided along with the printer in your computer.
- Then, connect Wi-Fi Direct first and install the software if you are not installed.
- Next, check whether Wi-Fi direct is turned on in your computer.
- You can use up to five computers and mobile devices in the same Wi-Fi direction.
- Then, turn on the Wi-Fi direct on your mobile device and see the provided documentation for more information.
- Next, choose your printer’s Wi-Fi Direct name shown such as DIRECT-**-HP Officejet 7400 (where ** are the unique characters to identify your printer and XXXX is the printer model located on the printer) from the list of printers available, to connect your mobile device.
- The printer is now connected successfully to your computer using the WiFI direct connection.
123 HP Officejet 7400 Printer Mobile Solutions – 123.hp.com/oj7400
- Mobile solutions are utility tools which help to print using your smart devices like Android mobile phones, Apple iOS devices and tablets.
- Then, check for the compatibility of mobile apps with your printer and start to print using the smart devices in a smarter way.
- HP 123.hp.com/oj7400 or 123.hp.com/setup 7400 printer supports the below given mobile solutions. Fix all types of ink system error and print quality related issues.
- Now, follow the simple procedures to install and utilize the app for an easier printing solutions.
1. 123 HP Officejet 7400 printer ePrint – 123.hp.com/setup 7400
HP ePrint is a free cloud-based and secured service which helps you to print from anywhere with an active internet connection. Send your documents to the printer using email and your printer will print the document directly. To know more about the HP ePrint setup, go through the article below.
Acquire all the requirements given below to be able to print using the HP ePrint.
- First, disable the USB connection otherwise your printer will not print using the HP ePrint service.
- Then, visit HP Connected website and sign up to the HP connected account to view your ePrint job status and manage your ePrint queue.
- Next, check whether your printer is connected to an active network providing internet access.
- Then, turn on the Web Services.
- Then, follow the instructions that appear on the screen to turn on the web services.
- Now, find your printer email address by touching the ePrint icon on the Home screen and touch the Web Services settings menu and touch Display Email address.
- Then, create a new email and attach the document to e-mail it to the printer.
- Now,the email should be sent to the printer email address. The printer will now print the attached document.
- Enter the printer address only in the TO: field.
2. 123 HP Officejet 7400 printer ePrint Mobile app
3. 123 HP Officejet 7400 printer AirPrint
You can print any document from HP’s ePrint mobile application. This app was retired for Apple iOS devices. Print photos or documents using the HP ePrint app.
- Your mobile device should run on Android OS version 4.0 and later versions or Amazon fire OS with 4.1- 4x and 5.1 or 5x or later versions. Connect to a wireless network using the Wi-Fi settings on your smartphone. Check whether the wireless signal is switched on and the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device.
- Download and install the HP ePrint app from the Google Play Store on your device. choose the data usage preferences.
- You can now see the HP ePrint app’s home screen.
- Now, follow the prompts that appear on the screen, tap Grant permission, Add Cloud Account, or Add Email Account to access files, social media and cloud accounts.
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution that comes with Apple iOS v4.2 and above versions. Use your iPad, iPhone or iPhone to connect to the wireless network. The HP Printers released after 2010 will support AirPrint.
- You should have an Apple device with version iOS 4.2 and above.
- First, check whether your printer and Apple devices are connected in the same network or Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct should be supported by your Printer.
- Then, turn on the printer and open the file to print.
- Next, click the Action icon which displays menu option.
- Now, click Print or the print icon and click Select Printer to select your printer from the list.
- Then, change the settings by clicking Options menu.
4. 123 HP Officejet 7400 printer Smart app
Connect your mobile devices to your wireless network. Print, scan and capture files with your smart devices using your HP Smart app. The HP Smart app is also known as the HP AiO Printer Remote App.
- First, download and install the HP smart app from the google Play Store on your Android device.
- Then, open the app and tap Start and accept the terms and conditions. Now, tap to Continue.
- Next, tap the plus sign to search for the printers connected to the network in the app home screen. Then, tap the printer in the list of printers connected to your wireless network.
- Now, click the Add Printer if you are connecting to a new printer and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Make sure your printer is switched on and check whether your Apple iOS device is connected to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Then, download and install the HP smart app from the App store on your Apple iOS device. Next, click start and Accept the terms and conditions.
- Then, tap Continue to search for the printers that are connected to your network.
- Now, your printer is automatically selected by the app if it is already connected to the wireless network.
- Otherwise, tap the plus sign to connect a new printer and follow the instruction that appear on the screen.
5. Mopria Print Service
Google play store has Mopria print service application for free. Print documents, web pages and emails using your Android device in your HP printer.
Setup the printer hardware and have a mobile Android device with OS 4.0 or above. Connect your printer to a wireless or wired network with an active internet connection. Your printer should be connected in the same network as your Android device. Keep the devices within the range of the printer.
Install the Mopria print service plugin from the Google play store. Choose any one method to turn on the service.
If you are installing for the first time, swipe down the home screen to view the dash board. You will find the Mopria print service installed. Tap to enable the service plugin notification.
If you are updating the service plugin, tap Settings, tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing. Tap the Mopria print service to tap it on.
6. 123 HP Officejet 7400 printer Print Service plugin
The HP Print Service plugin allows you to print from your smart android devices. Print to the HP printer in a Wi-Fi network or a Wi-Fi direct connection for printer. Follow the below procedure to setup the HP Print Service plugin on your Android Smart phones or tablets.
You should have a mobile device with Android OS 4.4 or later version downloaded from the Google Play store. First, install the HP Print service plugin on your Android Smart phone or tablet. After you install the HP Print Service plugin, switch on the plugin.
- Based on your Android version and device manufacturer, the menus, icons, the location of the print setting may be different from one or more devices.
- Next, make sure that the Android device is on the same network as your printer and make sure that the Wi-Fi direct is enabled on your printer and android device.
- Then, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play store on your Android device.
- The service will now be automatically enabled after installation if you have Android devices with 7.0 and later version.
- You can now skip to the next step that is Print using the HP Print Service plugin.
- Then, tap the dashboard and find the HP Inc. service installed if you are installing first time.
- Now, update the HP Print Service Plugin and click Settings , More networks, More settings, or NFC and Print or Printing.
- Then, click ON after clicking the HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc. and turn off the unnecessary plugins.