Step 2: Ensure that the Ink Cartridges are properly installed
If your printer’s ink cartridges are not fitted into your printer properly then that might be the reason why the ink cartridge error occurs. Detach the ink cartridge from the printer, look out for any plastic tape and remove it and then go ahead to reinstall the ink cartridges and then print it again.
- Power OFF the printer by pressing the Power button, if the printer is not turned off.
- Pull open the front external cover door of your printer.
- Pull out the ink cartridge door that triggers the printing carriage to move over to the center of the printer. Hold on until the carriage becomes silent and still before moving onto the next step.
- Hold down on the ink cartridges to release them off the carriage, now go ahead and take out the cartridge from the printer.
Caution: Make sure that you don’t touch the copper-colored contacts of the cartridge or the ink nozzles. Touching those parts can lead to clogs, ink failure, or bad connections electrically.
- Pull out any protective tape that you might find on the nozzles of the printer cartridge.
Caution: Don’t pull out the copper electrical strip.
- When trying to put back the cartridge into the carriage, hold the cartridge by the sides and with your nozzles facing towards the slot. Now ensure that the ink cartridge is pushed into the correct slot.
- The slot on the left side is for the tri-color ink cartridge.
- The slot on the right side is for the black ink cartridge.
- Press down on the ink cartridge in the direction inward to the printer until the ink cartridge correctly clicks into place. Finish the ink cartridge installation process easily by visiting 123.hp.com/dj2622
- Now go ahead and follow the steps mentioned above to replace other cartridges also.
- Close shut the door that covers the ink cartridge access.
- Shut close the outer door that covers the printer front.
Even now if you still see that the error persists then continue towards the next instruction below.